By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SQUARE ENIX on E3: " The Lack of Japanese titles was almost Humiliating"

WIzarDE said:
Of course the company isn't going to do well, in the presentation of its tittles.

I mean a gaming company that doesn't listen to its fans, and actually goes out of its way to ignore its western fans, how in hells name are they going to be able to present a good set of games for the world to see.

We asked for a FF 7 remake ... no were to be seen.
We asked for FF Versus ... Lol didn't even make it to E3 xD haha that ... really wasn't funny.
I dont remember asking for FF XIII-2 or whatever its called ... guess what its at E3.

I do understand there were a lot of people that liked FF XIII and there is nothing wrong with that, but on the other hand there were a lot a people that actually didn't like it ... so why focus on making a sequel to a game that didn't really get a Universal thumbs up instead of making THE game that people have been saying might be what they are looking for ... FF Versus.
And on top of that FF aren't really sequel driven I mean look at the whole FF X2 thing really ...

And were is the next gen Dragon Quest, they could do something in the art style of ni no kuni or something.

That's because internet is the place where the minority could rule. And FFXIII wasn't an epic fail to begin with. Most reviewers had problems with it being linear and the not so forgotten chant, "no-towns". But on everything else, it was doing good. Anyway, the only way to know the game didn't do well to most people tastebuds if the FF XIII-2 does not do well. IMO

And I guess you're right on some, but remember that FF Versus XIII isn't supposed to be out this year and I believe if they wanted to showcase the game, they would do it on TGS not on E3, as the game is going to be out first in Japan.

You know I love how some people tries to dismisses something and they got proven wrong in the end.

Around the Network

Maybe if they would make appealing characters rather than obnoxious feminine 15 year old guys as protagonist I would actually buy japanese RPG's!! I never really liked Final Fantasy but the game from Square I did enjoy was Kingdom Hearts!

Lyrikalstylez said:
Maybe if they would make appealing characters rather than obnoxious feminine 15 year old guys as protagonist I would actually buy japanese RPG's!! I never really liked Final Fantasy but the game from Square I did enjoy was Kingdom Hearts!

Kingdom Hearts has the worst characters of the bunch o.0

And trust me, you can find some great characters in JRPG's who aren't whiney little effiminate bitches, take Snow from FFXIII for example, he was a milestone in character design, he even had facial hair! 

Wouldn't you prefer JRPG characters over mute, testosterone filled characters who didn't have a personality whatsoever? I would rather play a whole game with Hope from FFXIII as the protagonist rather than some guy in a green space suit...If there even IS a guy in there o.0

brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

And trust me, you can find some great characters in JRPG's who aren't whiney little effiminate bitches, take Snow from FFXIII for example, he was a milestone in character design, he even had facial hair! 

Wouldn't you prefer JRPG characters over characters who didn't have a personality whatsoever? I would rather play a whole game with Hope from FFXIII as the protagonist rather than some guy in a green space suit...I'm not even sure if there IS a guy in there.

No, I would rather play as my own created character such as Mass Effect and upcoming Skyrim

O and if Snow was real this is how he would look........Can you smell the testoterone!!

Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Wouldn't you prefer JRPG characters over characters who didn't have a personality whatsoever? I would rather play a whole game with Hope from FFXIII as the protagonist rather than some guy in a green space suit...I'm not even sure if there IS a guy in there.

No, I would rather play as my own created character such as Mass Effect and upcoming Skyrim

O and if Snow was real this is how he would look........Can you smell the testoterone!!

No. I don't even get the comparison.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Meh, created characters are over-rated, only works in MMO's for me. I want a story and characters that are set in stone, it gives the game more of an identity. Making your own character just seems like a way for developers to cover up poor storytelling by making the character feel more personalised.

And that guy doesn't have pubes on his face, cosplayers don't count!

brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Meh, created characters are over-rated, only works in MMO's for me. I want a story and characters that are set in stone, it gives the game more of an identity. Making your own character just seems like a way for developers to cover up poor storytelling by making the character feel more personalised.

yea but compare that rediculous atire to the more life life mass effect cosplayers...........NOW THOSE ARE MEN!! ;-P

Xen said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Xen said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Xen said:
arcane_chaos said:

how to make this right? announce:
Suikoden VI
Persona 4
Wild Arms 6
another .hack/ series
Grandia IV
Shadow Hearts 4
rogue galaxy 2
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
Resident evil 6(I don't consider RE: racoon city to be 6)
some more "Tales of" games in the west
remaster JP PS2 HD collection games (well for Sony)

well...that's would I like to see =)

Yup, I'd also like to believe that Persona 4 never came out. That game disappointed me more than any other game, EVER.

WHAT?! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Persona4 was a far superior game to 3 game wise and the characters were also alot better and or memerable. I think I like P3's ending better but that doesn't make up for the game's other hitches. Regardless they are all great games.

No disrespect, but ROFL.

Especially at the "better characters" part. C'mon.

laugh all you want but it is FACT!!!

Persona 3 only allowed you to control the main character which was really silly. You had to manipulate what the other characters were doing via general commands and if the main character was knocked down he was unable to change his Team Mate's AI meaning they will continue doing a redundant action. Also the game's pacing was sort of off. There is this HUGE slow period towards the middle where there is no character or plot progression just mindless grinding. Several characters felt just thrown in there and other character's motivations were just unbelievable.

Persona 4 rectified ALL these things:all main characters could be controlled, also each character is a Social Link bringing out backstory for all of them. They even added in special benefits for battles via "Follow Ups" when you get closer to party. That alone makes P4 the superior game. Yet like I said, they are both really good.

Again, ROFL.

Persona 3 Portable also annihilates any and all advantages of P4 (it uses that almost exact same battle system). P4 is below shit compared to it. Yosuke, Yukiko, Adachi, and Kenji... now THAT is what you call thrown-in.

But perhaps that is just me. After marevlous P3, my expectations were through the roof. And up until the absolute very end, I was like "so when does the AWESOME start?"

OMG are u serious???

Those characters are in no way "thrown-in", but Fukka,Ken, and the brooding kid definitely are.They all played important roles in the plot, they even have their own DUNGEONS! How is that NOT important? And the fact that P3 needed to update the battle mechanics to immitate P4 speaks leagues of how good it was. Still tho, P4 had it first.  :P lol

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Double post.

Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

yea but compare that rediculous atire to the more life life mass effect cosplayers...........NOW THOSE ARE MEN!! ;-P

Damn it, you got me there, JRPG cosplayers = sissy boys.

I still stand by my word that Snow was a manly man though, at least in a Japanese game anyway.