By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SQUARE ENIX on E3: " The Lack of Japanese titles was almost Humiliating"

Lostplanet22 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kowenicki said:
Remove nintendo and what has Japan given interesting or innovative? Not much.

300 FPS from western developers are the innovation right ??

On topic :

hey square , fire wada and give me is job , i put those teams working in the hard

remake ff 7

kingdoms hearths 3

forget MMO

start FF 15 old school

all the teams working to finish versus

EPIC WIN , every person will be happy !!!

Yeah because those games are totally the same,  Mirrors edge, Borderlands, Left4Dead, Portal, Condemned, Chronicles of Riddick and go on...

FPS is just a way of how people like to play their games that not is only popular in shooters, many like it in Wrpgs/horror games and most race games fans prefer to play in FPS aswell.

And great you are enjoying innovatives games aswell with your  'Remake of FFVII, another KH, old school FF15 EPIC WIN)

Just face it the Japanese games industry is in decline and many of them are failing to make their games better and more popular..

Some J-gamers are making a fool of themself while they call the decline of the J-industry a lie while they bitch whole the time when a new J-games come out an older game of the series was better...   Fuck FFXIII!!  FFVI/FFVII/FFIX was better,  Fuck Resident Evil 5, Resident evil 4 is better,  Fuck Tekken 6, Tekken 3 is better,  Fuck Soul Calibur 4, Soul Calibur 2-3 was better,  Fuck Star ocean 4,  Star ocean 3 was better,  Fuck Ace combat 6, Ace combat 4 was better,  Fuck Twilight princess, Zelda OOT is better, Fuck Devil may cry 4, Devil may cry 3 is better.....And so on...

Curiously enough... this is so right that it isn't even funny...

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
brendude13 said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Give me a whole bunch of Western devs then, who have given interesting and innovative games. Please.

Haha, thanks, you beat me to it.

Mirror's edge, Borderlands, scribblenauts, Little big Planet, Call of duty MW, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Left4Dead, Portal, Red Dead redemption, Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire, Rockband?, (Crackdown/Prototype/infamous), Splosion man,Prey, Flower Braid, super meat boy?,Outland, Limbo, Trials HD, Skate, Dirt3, Peggle, divinity 2, (Gears of war 2 horde mode/halo firefight) harm's way, , Lara croft GoL, SplinterCellConvictioin, Alan wake, and a lot of others...

Some of them introduced stuff that is mindblowing others will be hardly noticed...

I feel kind of sorry for you that you looked up all of those games just to make that list, it's obvious you didn't think of those off the top of your head.

No worries, I also feel kind of sorry for those fools who are totally into a gamefranchise that is known for 10 minutes of gameplay and 30 minutes of cutscenes that exist out of a horrible story who then call themself gamers and use the maincharacter as an avatar and dare to lecture other people what interesting games are...  And the best of all are currently playing not one;..But two Call of duty games!!!!

Hilarous!!

Unfortunately, Square-Enix is one of the larger publishers in Japan. When they are not doing well that speaks leagues about the Japanese industry as a whole. Capcom seems to be doing fine but that is due to them milking hardcore fanbases dry with barrage of DLC, mostly stuff that is already on the game disc :/

See...
-Resident Evil 5
-Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
-RE5 Move Update(ONLY FOR GE)
-MP pack thats 5mb for RE5
-Street Fighter 4
-Super Street Fighter4 just a short while later for 40bucks
-Marvel Vs Capcom with the worst character list in the series(But wait for the DLC....)

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Unfortunately, Square-Enix is one of the larger publishers in Japan. When they are not doing well that speaks leagues about the Japanese industry as a whole. Capcom seems to be doing fine but that is due to them milking hardcore fanbases dry with barrage of DLC, mostly stuff that is already on the game disc :/

See...
-Resident Evil 5
-Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition
-RE5 Move Update(ONLY FOR GE)
-MP pack thats 5mb for RE5
-Street Fighter 4
-Super Street Fighter4 just a short while later for 40bucks
-Marvel Vs Capcom with the worst character list in the series(But wait for the DLC....)

You are forgetting Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition

how to make this right? announce:
Suikoden VI
Persona 5
Wild Arms 6
another .hack/ series
Grandia IV
Shadow Hearts 4
rogue galaxy 2
KINGDOM HEARTS 3
Resident evil 6(I don't consider RE: racoon city to be 6)
some more "Tales of" games in the west
remaster JP PS2 HD collection games (well for Sony)

well...that's would I like to see =)

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
brendude13 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
brendude13 said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Give me a whole bunch of Western devs then, who have given interesting and innovative games. Please.

Mirror's edge, Borderlands, scribblenauts, Little big Planet, Call of duty MW, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Left4Dead, Portal, Red Dead redemption, Heavy Rain, L.A. Noire, Rockband?, (Crackdown/Prototype/infamous), Splosion man,Prey, Flower Braid, super meat boy?,Outland, Limbo, Trials HD, Skate, Dirt3, Peggle, divinity 2, (Gears of war 2 horde mode/halo firefight) harm's way, , Lara croft GoL, SplinterCellConvictioin, Alan wake, and a lot of others...

Some of them introduced stuff that is mindblowing others will be hardly noticed...

I feel kind of sorry for you that you looked up all of those games just to make that list, it's obvious you didn't think of those off the top of your head.

No worries, I also feel kind of sorry for those fools who are totally into a gamefranchise that is known for 10 minutes of gameplay and 30 minutes of cutscenes that exist out of a horrible story who then call themself gamers and use the maincharacter as an avatar and dare to lecture other people what interesting games are...  And the best of all are currently playing not one;..But two Call of duty games!!!!

Hilarous!!

...?

Make fun of Metal Gear Solid all you want, but it is still hailed as one of the greatest game series of all time, I don't see your problem with it. There is more gameplay time than there are cutscenes, cutscenes just strengthen the story, a story that SHALLOW minds cannot appreciate. You might not like the story, but the point is, this game actually has a damn story unlike 90% of the Western games you mentioned.

Once again, I don't see a problem with using Solid Snake as my avatar, he is far more interesting and fleshed out than any character in any Western game you can name. Why am I not allowed to use a video game character as my avatar? Am I doing something wrong?

And once again, I don't see a problem with me playing one or even two Call of Duty games.

Stop flaming, and treat more people with respect. Stop using the most irrelevant points as an excuse to be a dick to me.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Lostplanet22 said:
brendude13 said:
Lostplanet22 said:
brendude13 said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:

Hilarous!!

can you make another list for that? a list about games known for : "10 minutes of gameplay and 30 minutes of cutscenes that exist out of a horrible story"

i am sure only japanese games are like that rofl

You forgot teh trollface.

arcane_chaos said:

Suikoden VI
Persona 4
Wild Arms 6
another .hack/ series
Grandia IV
Shadow Hearts 4
rogue galaxy 2
KINGDOM HEARTS 3

Yup, I'd also like to believe that Persona 4 never came out. That game disappointed me more than any other game, EVER.

Xen said:
arcane_chaos said:

Suikoden VI
Persona 4
Wild Arms 6
another .hack/ series
Grandia IV
Shadow Hearts 4
rogue galaxy 2
KINGDOM HEARTS 3

Yup, I'd also like to believe that Persona 4 never came out. That game disappointed me more than any other game, EVER.

lol, i meant 5

and actually I enjoyed it

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Lostplanet22 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
kowenicki said:

300 FPS from western developers are the innovation right ??

On topic :

hey square , fire wada and give me is job , i put those teams working in the hard

remake ff 7

kingdoms hearths 3

forget MMO

start FF 15 old school

all the teams working to finish versus

EPIC WIN , every person will be happy !!!

Yeah because those games are totally the same,  Mirrors edge, Borderlands, Left4Dead, Portal, Condemned, Chronicles of Riddick and go on...

FPS is just a way of how people like to play their games that not is only popular in shooters, many like it in Wrpgs/horror games and most race games fans prefer to play in FPS aswell.

And great you are enjoying innovatives games aswell with your  'Remake of FFVII, another KH, old school FF15 EPIC WIN)

Just face it the Japanese games industry is in decline and many of them are failing to make their games better and more popular..

Some J-gamers are making a fool of themself while they call the decline of the J-industry a lie while they bitch whole the time when a new J-games come out an older game of the series was better...   Fuck FFXIII!!  FFVI/FFVII/FFIX was better,  Fuck Resident Evil 5, Resident evil 4 is better,  Fuck Tekken 6, Tekken 3 is better,  Fuck Soul Calibur 4, Soul Calibur 2-3 was better,  Fuck Star ocean 4,  Star ocean 3 was better,  Fuck Ace combat 6, Ace combat 4 was better,  Fuck Twilight princess, Zelda OOT is better, Fuck Devil may cry 4, Devil may cry 3 is better.....And so on...

F (first) P( Person) ... S ( SHOOTERS !!!! )  , is way diferent from First Person Games lol

i hurt your feelings about FPS? you need to relax ...

Games as Mirror's edge/Portal/Condemned will also be called FPS but they will probably add an extra genre in it;..parcours/puzzle/horror..

I am totally relaxed though.