By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SQUARE ENIX on E3: " The Lack of Japanese titles was almost Humiliating"

brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Maybe if they would make appealing characters rather than obnoxious feminine 15 year old guys as protagonist I would actually buy japanese RPG's!! I never really liked Final Fantasy but the game from Square I did enjoy was Kingdom Hearts!

Kingdom Hearts has the worst characters of the bunch o.0

And trust me, you can find some great characters in JRPG's who aren't whiney little effiminate bitches, take Snow from FFXIII for example, he was a milestone in character design, he even had facial hair! 

Wouldn't you prefer JRPG characters over characters who didn't have a personality whatsoever? I would rather play a whole game with Hope from FFXIII as the protagonist rather than some guy in a green space suit...I'm not even sure if there IS a guy in there.

No, I would rather play as my own created character such as Mass Effect and upcoming Skyrim

O and if Snow was real this is how he would look........Can you smell the testoterone!!

Meh, created characters are over-rated, only works in MMO's for me. I want a story and characters that are set in stone, it gives the game more of an identity. Making your own character just seems like a way for developers to cover up poor storytelling by making the character feel more personalised.

And that guy doesn't have pubes on his face, cosplayers don't count!

yea but compare that rediculous atire to the more life life mass effect cosplayers...........NOW THOSE ARE MEN!! ;-P

Damn it, you got me there, JRPG cosplayers = sissy boys.

I still stand by my word that Snow was a manly man though, at least in a Japanese game anyway.

Snows character was more mature looking than the Japanese norm, but his character was a bitch.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
brendude13 said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Maybe if they would make appealing characters rather than obnoxious feminine 15 year old guys as protagonist I would actually buy japanese RPG's!! I never really liked Final Fantasy but the game from Square I did enjoy was Kingdom Hearts!

Kingdom Hearts has the worst characters of the bunch o.0

And trust me, you can find some great characters in JRPG's who aren't whiney little effiminate bitches, take Snow from FFXIII for example, he was a milestone in character design, he even had facial hair! 

Wouldn't you prefer JRPG characters over characters who didn't have a personality whatsoever? I would rather play a whole game with Hope from FFXIII as the protagonist rather than some guy in a green space suit...I'm not even sure if there IS a guy in there.

No, I would rather play as my own created character such as Mass Effect and upcoming Skyrim

O and if Snow was real this is how he would look........Can you smell the testoterone!!

Snows character isn't oriental.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

What's the difference between Oriental and Asian?

I don't like the word Oriental, it makes them sound like some sort of chicken dish.

brendude13 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

I don't like the word Oriental, it makes them sound like some sort of chicken dish.

They both mean the same thing. Both vague uses for saying from the east, but I guess i'll just say Japanese. Snow is a western based character.

Damn now the big whigs over at square enix just had their families dishonored! Now they must submit to stereotypes and commit suicide!!

...Or maybe not, but I agree with them! Where were the awesome JRPGs!?

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

It's to distinguish between Orientals (Chinese, Japanese Korean etc.) with Asians from the Indian sub-continents (India, Nepal, Cambodia etc.). Asia's too big to have a single distinctive "look".

Scoobes said:
brendude13 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

It's to distinguish between Orientals (Chinese, Japanese Korean etc.) with Asians from the Indian sub-continents (India, Nepal, Cambodia etc.). Asia's too big to have a single distinctive "look".

Ahh, never thought about that, good point.