By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tops 360 in Netflix usage

kitler53 said:
mchaza said:

interesting since there are less PS3 in the US. 

But this goes hand in hand with the fact that more PS3's are connected then 360. I dont know the numbers in the US and 360 could be higher there, but yea its interesting. 

ther more relvant comparision is # of ps3s vs. # of 360s with netflix access.

as i understand it both systems have a simular internet attach ratio but netflix is availbile to everyone on th eps3 while only to gold members on the 360.   even though the 360 has ~twice the userbase in the US if only ~half are gold then the numbers are really about even.

That is a good point, but I still prefer that other dude's theory about the rrod solely because it is more interesting.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

I read about this a few days ago.

I wonder if we can expect our Netflix rates to go up because of this.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kitler53 said:
mchaza said:

interesting since there are less PS3 in the US. 

But this goes hand in hand with the fact that more PS3's are connected then 360. I dont know the numbers in the US and 360 could be higher there, but yea its interesting. 

ther more relvant comparision is # of ps3s vs. # of 360s with netflix access.

as i understand it both systems have a simular internet attach ratio but netflix is availbile to everyone on th eps3 while only to gold members on the 360.   even though the 360 has ~twice the userbase in the US if only ~half are gold then the numbers are really about even.

It is only available for gold members?  Wow, that seems kind of like b.s.  That would make sense maybe if the 360 was the only system to have Netflix but now that all systems have it you would think they would allow it for anyone that subscribes to live or better yet free.  I will call Microsoft b.s. on this one.  Nice to see they still screwing people over.  Technically, you should be able to access Netflix without a Live subscription, but that would be too kind for Microsoft to do.  Easy to see why PS3 is on top of Netflix usage.

d21lewis said:
fallen said:

PS3 still has no games? :d

Dont kill me.

Lol!  I got a chuckle out of that!

But even in my house, I use the PS3 for Netflix. Netflix on the 360 has this awful habit of saying "My internet speed has changed.  Please stand by while we adjust the quality of video". This never happens on PC, PS3, or Wii.  I like the fact that everybody can see what I'm watching on 360 and every now and then, we can watch something together but I prefer the smoother experience that the PS3 offers.

You sir just gave me another reason to purchase a PS3. I hate when Netflix does that. There have been times I started to turn off my pc because of it. Also can't the PS3 access Netflix without the disc now or is that still in the works?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

CGI-Quality said:
Goddbless said:
d21lewis said:
fallen said:

PS3 still has no games? :d

Dont kill me.

Lol!  I got a chuckle out of that!

But even in my house, I use the PS3 for Netflix. Netflix on the 360 has this awful habit of saying "My internet speed has changed.  Please stand by while we adjust the quality of video". This never happens on PC, PS3, or Wii.  I like the fact that everybody can see what I'm watching on 360 and every now and then, we can watch something together but I prefer the smoother experience that the PS3 offers.

You sir just gave me another reason to purchase a PS3. I hate when Netflix does that. There have been times I started to turn off my pc because of it. Also can't the PS3 access Netflix without the disc now or is that still in the works?

I thought you owned a PS3 already? O_O

I've had a PSN account for over 2 years and I keep meaning to buy a PS3 and then something comes up. It's gonna happen though, I'm just not too sure about getting a Wii anymore. Let me stop derailing the thread though. It's good to see the PS3 get some positive news.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

Seems I see every one of my PS3 friends list watching Netflix at one point or another. So this seems to go hand in hand with that. 

CGI-Quality said:

I can believe that, as I see more friends on PS3 using it.

now that you can see us again :)

yeah I totally believe this considering how much netflix I've been watching on my ps3 and as others have pointed out it has one less fee to do in on the ps3 than on the 360 and has HD unlike the wii

I use Netflix on a daily basis on my PS3, not so much on the 360. I hate the new lay out on Netflix for the PS3 though, I wan't the old one back.

The Netflix app for PS3 is better than 360 one... so expected.

Wow, I am surprise.  And I thought a Roku would have been the highest device.  (And why is Netflix on Tivo such a fail?)

I wonder if this will change now that you have some utility with Kinect on X360. While it isn't a full implementation, it sure is nice to speak ‘Pause’ or ‘Rewind’ and have it respond.

I realized the other day I was a bit spoiled already when I told my PC to pause. 

…Now, if I could only train it to pause when the phone rings.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!