By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tops 360 in Netflix usage

sega4life said:
dsister said:
sega4life said:

I guess you have the only controllers on the planet that don't turn off when not in use to save battery life, congrats on that.

Yeah, the PS3 controller doesn't turn off automatically. It's the stupidest thing ever, I usually just end up turning it off  myself. Either that or sit there seeing the "controller one is low on power blah blah blah"

So I have defective controllers is what your telling me?

WTF!

No. If you have the turn off feature ON then just turn off the feature OFF... so easy.

Around the Network
dsister said:

Since people have already brought up the RRoD I might as well bring up PSN being down... What else do you think PS owners have been doing the last month? :-p 

Ar tonelico Qoga, League of Legends, Vindictus, BFBC2, Steel Diver, random ass animes and some movies, and weight lifting pretty much sums up my free time. Now I'm playing LA Noire on PS3, seems I still play PC games the most I guess.

dsister said:
sega4life said:

WTF!

It might be different if you have a Sixaxis. I have a dual-shock and it stays on tll it dies 

Go change the controller settings in XMB ya nub, you too sega4life! I personally leave it on 24/7 since there are USB ports with power all over the place in my room anyways.

sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

The Netflix app for PS3 is better than 360 one... so expected.

LMFAO, hahahahahaha, hehahohehaho... no it's not, but thanks for the good laugh.

"Xbox Pause"

So saying "Xbox Pause" is faster than pressing a pause button?

ABSOLUTELY, when I'm sitting back on my couch and the controller is on the table, or if I get up to walk out of the room, I can be in the other room and yell "Xbox Pause" and it works fine.

You know when your watching a movie (No Matter the console) and your a good 40min in, the Controller turns off, then you have to turn it on, and then hit pause.  Saying "Xbox Pause" is so much easier.

Netflix on 360 starts up quicker in my house, PS3 takes to long to load and for box art to show up, just doesn't feel as solid as the 360 version.

Why would you be in the "other room" to watch a movie?  And my remote controllers NEVER turn off unless the battery is dead or the device it's suppose to control is off.  Also, it's far more precise to press a button to play a scene after rewinding and/or fast forwarding instead of timing it to play at an exact point after saying "Xbox (function)."  But for some it's better.  I'm not going to argue that.  So for those who are willing to pay $210 extra USD to have this better feature ($60 for XBL Gold $150 Kinect) more power to them.

Please don't tout BS $210 extra charge for a feature as if thats the only thing Kinect is used for, thats like saying why did I spend $300 on a PS3/360 when I could have bought a $79.00 BR Player to watch Netflix.  Kinect Netflix function just came out and is an added bonus.  Xbox Rewind and Fastforward work flawlessly, the same as using the remote so I don't know what your talking about with "precision".

Why would I be in the other room?  because I get up from the couch to walk into the other room, you know to take care of other things. The world DOES NOT STOP when I'm watching a movie. When I walk out of the room, I forget to pause, so I yell 'Xbox pause', it's really not that hard to understand.

I guess you have the only controllers on the planet that don't turn off when not in use to save battery life, congrats on that.

First off, typing in bold gets annoying.

Second, are you really that lazy where you can't hit the PS button followed by pause?

brendude13 said:

Every heard of system settings?

Technically there isn't any option to turn it off through the "system settings" :-p 

But thanks 

dahuman said:

Go change the controller settings in XMB ya nub, you too sega4life! I personally leave it on 24/7 since there are USB ports with power all over the place in my room anyways.

haha, I really didn't think of looking for a way to change it through XMB.  I would to, but the USB wire is sooooooo small ;_; 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
VetteDude said:
sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

LMFAO, hahahahahaha, hehahohehaho... no it's not, but thanks for the good laugh.

"Xbox Pause"

So saying "Xbox Pause" is faster than pressing a pause button?

ABSOLUTELY, when I'm sitting back on my couch and the controller is on the table, or if I get up to walk out of the room, I can be in the other room and yell "Xbox Pause" and it works fine.

You know when your watching a movie (No Matter the console) and your a good 40min in, the Controller turns off, then you have to turn it on, and then hit pause.  Saying "Xbox Pause" is so much easier.

Netflix on 360 starts up quicker in my house, PS3 takes to long to load and for box art to show up, just doesn't feel as solid as the 360 version.

Why would you be in the "other room" to watch a movie?  And my remote controllers NEVER turn off unless the battery is dead or the device it's suppose to control is off.  Also, it's far more precise to press a button to play a scene after rewinding and/or fast forwarding instead of timing it to play at an exact point after saying "Xbox (function)."  But for some it's better.  I'm not going to argue that.  So for those who are willing to pay $210 extra USD to have this better feature ($60 for XBL Gold $150 Kinect) more power to them.

Please don't tout BS $210 extra charge for a feature as if thats the only thing Kinect is used for, thats like saying why did I spend $300 on a PS3/360 when I could have bought a $79.00 BR Player to watch Netflix.  Kinect Netflix function just came out and is an added bonus.  Xbox Rewind and Fastforward work flawlessly, the same as using the remote so I don't know what your talking about with "precision".

Why would I be in the other room?  because I get up from the couch to walk into the other room, you know to take care of other things. The world DOES NOT STOP when I'm watching a movie. When I walk out of the room, I forget to pause, so I yell 'Xbox pause', it's really not that hard to understand.

First off, typing in bold gets annoying.

Second, are you really that lazy where you can't hit the PS button followed by pause?

First off, FANTASTIC! thanks for the heads up.

Second, it's called convenience, also when you have other things in your hands like bowl of popcorn and drinks, it's more of a "convenience" to just say what you want your system/movie to do.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

dahuman said:
dsister said:
sega4life said:

WTF!

It might be different if you have a Sixaxis. I have a dual-shock and it stays on tll it dies 

I knew my controllers turned off for a reason, I really thought my shit was defective.

I love the save battery feature, because well...

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

ethomaz said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

"Xbox Pause"

All reviews I've read agree with me ... the PS3 Netflix app has more features.

* You don't have to pay for XBL to be allowed to use Netflix.
* GUI on the PS3 netflix app is superior.
* Some titles allow for 5.1 audio and subtitles.
* Movies buffer and begin playing much faster on the ps3 compared to the 360.

It's been awhile since I didn't use the app on 360... maybe it have an update.

Edit - You're using Kinect for Netflix... that's terrible... the worst interface for play videos I ever see.

I see you got your "review" from some person posting in another forum. If that works for you.

GUI is better on 360, faster, flips through box art quicker with less loading (But much of that is based on bandwidth)

5.1 is good, 360 will get it's 5.1 in a month or two.

Movies buff on my 360 allot faster then my PS3 (bandwidth by user) to each his own.

There is nothing wrong with Kinects interface, it works just like Zune marketplace, flawlessly.  I use Kinect more during movies I'm watching.

sega4life said:
ethomaz said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

"Xbox Pause"

All reviews I've read agree with me ... the PS3 Netflix app has more features.

* You don't have to pay for XBL to be allowed to use Netflix.
* GUI on the PS3 netflix app is superior.
* Some titles allow for 5.1 audio and subtitles.
* Movies buffer and begin playing much faster on the ps3 compared to the 360.

It's been awhile since I didn't use the app on 360... maybe it have an update.

Edit - You're using Kinect for Netflix... that's terrible... the worst interface for play videos I ever see.

I see you got your "review" from some person posting in another forum. If that works for you.

GUI is better on 360, faster, flips through box art quicker with less loading (But much of that is based on bandwidth)

5.1 is good, 360 will get it's 5.1 in a month or two.

Movies buff on my 360 allot faster then my PS3 (bandwidth by user) to each his own.

There is nothing wrong with Kinects interface, it works just like Zune marketplace, flawlessly.  I use Kinect more during movies I'm watching.

No google it.

http://www.starkinsider.com/2010/10/review-netflix-ps3-app-a-winner.html
http://venturebeat.com/2010/10/14/netflixs-playstation-3-app-goes-disc-free-leapfrogs-xbox-360-with-1080i-hd-video-surround-sound/
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/19/netflixs-new-ps3-app-includes-new-features-new-headaches-vide/
http://www.hd-report.com/2010/10/18/netflix-ps3-app-quick-review/
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20019876-1.html

9087 said:

Interestingly, despite the fact that Xbox 360 had Netflix first and didn't require any sort of start-up disc, PlayStation 3 actually is the leading device for watching Netflix with 30.57 percent of the total traffic.

I'm wondering if the person who made this article is aware you need a gold account to use Netflix.

That's kind of a big deal and there is mention of it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)