By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tops 360 in Netflix usage

WeezyWii said:

l0l ps3 still has no good games

good one fallen but this justy might mean they people are playing there ps3's less

and maybe 360 gamers are playing there games more idk it's just me or any won else feel the same

DEEEERP...SO TREW!

Around the Network
sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

The Netflix app for PS3 is better than 360 one... so expected.

LMFAO, hahahahahaha, hehahohehaho... no it's not, but thanks for the good laugh.

"Xbox Pause"

So saying "Xbox Pause" is faster than pressing a pause button?

ABSOLUTELY, when I'm sitting back on my couch and the controller is on the table, or if I get up to walk out of the room, I can be in the other room and yell "Xbox Pause" and it works fine.

You know when your watching a movie (No Matter the console) and your a good 40min in, the Controller turns off, then you have to turn it on, and then hit pause.  Saying "Xbox Pause" is so much easier.

Netflix on 360 starts up quicker in my house, PS3 takes to long to load and for box art to show up, just doesn't feel as solid as the 360 version.

Why would you be in the "other room" to watch a movie?  And my remote controllers NEVER turn off unless the battery is dead or the device it's suppose to control is off.  Also, it's far more precise to press a button to play a scene after rewinding and/or fast forwarding instead of timing it to play at an exact point after saying "Xbox (function)."  But for some it's better.  I'm not going to argue that.  So for those who are willing to pay $210 extra USD to have this better feature ($60 for XBL Gold $150 Kinect) more power to them.

Please don't tout BS $210 extra charge for a feature as if thats the only thing Kinect is used for, thats like saying why did I spend $300 on a PS3/360 when I could have bought a $79.00 BR Player to watch Netflix.  Kinect Netflix function just came out and is an added bonus.  Xbox Rewind and Fastforward work flawlessly, the same as using the remote so I don't know what your talking about with "precision".

Why would I be in the other room?  because I get up from the couch to walk into the other room, you know to take care of other things. The world DOES NOT STOP when I'm watching a movie. When I walk out of the room, I forget to pause, so I yell 'Xbox pause', it's really not that hard to understand.

I guess you have the only controllers on the planet that don't turn off when not in use to save battery life, congrats on that.

"When I walk out of the room, I forget to pause, so I yell 'Xbox pause'"

Those are telltale signs of dementia.

"I guess you have the only controllers on the planet that don't turn off when not in use to save battery life, congrats on that."

I have them too!

brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:

Not really surprising given how you have to have XBL Gold to use Netflix on the 360.

Wow, good point.

Can't believe how many people missed that.

Heh the simplest facts are usually the most overlooked.

Indeed, congrats on the 8,000th post.

Oh shi!!!! Didn't even notice that lol. Guess i'm kickin ass and takin names! 

d21lewis said:
fallen said:

PS3 still has no games? :d

Dont kill me.

Lol!  I got a chuckle out of that!

But even in my house, I use the PS3 for Netflix. Netflix on the 360 has this awful habit of saying "My internet speed has changed.  Please stand by while we adjust the quality of video". This never happens on PC, PS3, or Wii.  I like the fact that everybody can see what I'm watching on 360 and every now and then, we can watch something together but I prefer the smoother experience that the PS3 offers.

I have the exact same issue with Hulu Plus except its my PS3 that acts gay while my X360 doesn`t give me problems.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Not really a suprise.  It's free on PS3 vs needing Gold on 360 and it's probable that the average PS3 owner (given they were drawn to buying a console with Blu-Ray) is more likly to watch more films than the average 360 owner and the results are pretty obvious.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
sega4life said:

I guess you have the only controllers on the planet that don't turn off when not in use to save battery life, congrats on that.

Yeah, the PS3 controller doesn't turn off automatically. It's the stupidest thing ever, I usually just end up turning it off  myself. Either that or sit there seeing the "controller one is low on power blah blah blah" 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

The Netflix app for PS3 is better than 360 one... so expected.

LMFAO, hahahahahaha, hehahohehaho... no it's not, but thanks for the good laugh.

"Xbox Pause"

All reviews I've read agree with me ... the PS3 Netflix app has more features.

* You don't have to pay for XBL to be allowed to use Netflix.
* GUI on the PS3 netflix app is superior.
* Some titles allow for 5.1 audio and subtitles.
* Movies buffer and begin playing much faster on the ps3 compared to the 360.

It's been awhile since I didn't use the app on 360... maybe it have an update.

Edit - You're using Kinect for Netflix... that's terrible... the worst interface for play videos I ever see.

dsister said:
sega4life said:

Yeah, the PS3 controller doesn't turn off automatically. It's the stupidest thing ever, I usually just end up turning it off  myself. Either that or sit there seeing the "controller one is low on power blah blah blah" 

So I have defective controllers is what your telling me?

WTF!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

dsister said:
sega4life said:

Every heard of system settings?

sega4life said:

So I have defective controllers is what your telling me?

WTF!

It might be different if you have a Sixaxis. I have a dual-shock and it stays on tll it dies 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D