By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tops 360 in Netflix usage

Seece said:
brendude13 said:
Seece said:

Really? You need to start this BS up again. VAST majority of those RROD were fixed/replaced. And all evidence goes against it having any real impact on active userbase.

The reasons someone posted above seem the most plausible.

You can't claim it didn't have an effect. I have bought 2 XBOX 360's myself, the first ran out of warranty. My uncle has bought 3, he bought the 2nd one because the 1st died without a warranty and the 3rd one he bought was a slim.

The RROD has had quite a significant effect on the XBOX 360 sales, especially since everybody I know has bought 2-3 XBOX's (not including replacements).

Anyway, I didn't even know the PS3 has netflix, I don't think we can get it in the UK, what exactly am I missing out on?

I don't care about peoples friends on the internet, that isn't evidence of anything. 360's SW sales however are.

The trend is that people buy multiple 360's, whether it broke out of warranty or if they bought the slim for peice of mind. And I didn't ask you to care about my friends, that has nothing to do with this conversation. But they are good examples of how people tend buy multiple XBOX 360's because of the RROD and the multiple revisions of the console.

"360's SW sales however are."

I don't know what the abbreviation SW is.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Not really surprising given how you have to have XBL Gold to use Netflix on the 360.

Wow, good point.

Can't believe how many people missed that.

ethomaz said:

The Netflix app for PS3 is better than 360 one... so expected.

LMFAO, hahahahahaha, hehahohehaho... no it's not, but thanks for the good laugh.

"Xbox Pause"

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

LMFAO, hahahahahaha, hehahohehaho... no it's not, but thanks for the good laugh.

"Xbox Pause"

So saying "Xbox Pause" is faster than pressing a pause button?

LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

"Xbox Pause"

ABSOLUTELY, when I'm sitting back on my couch and the controller is on the table, or if I get up to walk out of the room, I can be in the other room and yell "Xbox Pause" and it works fine.

You know when your watching a movie (No Matter the console) and your a good 40min in, the Controller turns off, then you have to turn it on, and then hit pause.  Saying "Xbox Pause" is so much easier.

Netflix on 360 starts up quicker in my house, PS3 takes to long to load and for box art to show up, just doesn't feel as solid as the 360 version.

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:

Not really surprising given how you have to have XBL Gold to use Netflix on the 360.

Wow, good point.

Heh the simplest facts are usually the most overlooked.

sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

"Xbox Pause"

ABSOLUTELY, when I'm sitting back on my couch and the controller is on the table, or if I get up to walk out of the room, I can be in the other room and yell "Xbox Pause" and it works fine.

You know when your watching a movie (No Matter the console) and your a good 40min in, the Controller turns off, then you have to turn it on, and then hit pause.  Saying "Xbox Pause" is so much easier.

Netflix on 360 starts up quicker in my house, PS3 takes to long to load and for box art to show up, just doesn't feel as solid as the 360 version.

Why would you be in the "other room" to watch a movie?  And my remote controllers NEVER turn off unless the battery is dead or the device it's suppose to control is off.  Also, it's far more precise to press a button to play a scene after rewinding and/or fast forwarding instead of timing it to play at an exact point after saying "Xbox (function)."  But for some it's better.  I'm not going to argue that.  So for those who are willing to pay $210 extra USD to have this better feature ($60 for XBL Gold $150 Kinect) more power to them.

yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow, good point.

Heh the simplest facts are usually the most overlooked.

Indeed, congrats on the 8,000th post.

l0l ps3 still has no good games

good one fallen but this justy might mean they people are playing there ps3's less

and maybe 360 gamers are playing there games more idk it's just me or any won else feel the same

LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
LivingMetal said:
sega4life said:
ethomaz said:

"Xbox Pause"

Why would you be in the "other room" to watch a movie?  And my remote controllers NEVER turn off unless the battery is dead or the device it's suppose to control is off.  Also, it's far more precise to press a button to play a scene after rewinding and/or fast forwarding instead of timing it to play at an exact point after saying "Xbox (function)."  But for some it's better.  I'm not going to argue that.  So for those who are willing to pay $210 extra USD to have this better feature ($60 for XBL Gold $150 Kinect) more power to them.

Please don't tout BS $210 extra charge for a feature as if thats the only thing Kinect is used for, thats like saying why did I spend $300 on a PS3/360 when I could have bought a $79.00 BR Player to watch Netflix.  Kinect Netflix function just came out and is an added bonus.  Xbox Rewind and Fastforward work flawlessly, the same as using the remote so I don't know what your talking about with "precision".

Why would I be in the other room?  because I get up from the couch to walk into the other room, you know to take care of other things. The world DOES NOT STOP when I'm watching a movie. When I walk out of the room, I forget to pause, so I yell 'Xbox pause', it's really not that hard to understand.

I guess you have the only controllers on the planet that don't turn off when not in use to save battery life, congrats on that.