By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Jees 40 gig popular on amazon

Please tell me Fishy did not ban steverhcp02 ...

Cause, if true, pardon my french, but that is bullshit.

Around the Network

the 40gb sku was never percieved as a gimped model in real life. Only on some online boards catering towards hardcore gamers, and many of those gamers are really xbox360 fans, did the idea that it was gimped have any play.

The market wants the price down, and thats it. They don't have a huge need to buy ps2 games. The best ones (as in new ones) have a ps3 version anyway.

I'm suprised but it looks like the PS3 will outsell xbox360 for the holiday season...I thought the price would have to come down further.

I'm also surprised that the ps2 is also going to have another good end of year. It's being pushed at kb toys and others...wise move by Sony and some retailers...the ps2 is the alternative to the sold out Wii.

Sony gets a break from Nintendo misstep in not making enough Wii's to cover the demand. They all get a break from Microsoft who didn't even show up with a portable this year.

Add up the real total of systems sold without making non-sensical disctions, like 'thats last generation' or 'thats a portable' (so what, its still a sale)...take a business approach, and you see Nintendo in the lead, Sony very close behind, and a way, way distant third, Microsoft.

I've unlocked the thread...let's just try to keep it on topic.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The 40gb is doing very well. Now #1

mM
leo-j said:
The 40gb is doing very well. Now #1

That means nothing, remember? 

Sarcasm aside, its nice to see the PS3 doing so well, but as many people have pointed out its only one place. But personally, if one online site is showing this sort of trend, its not impossible for others to be the same. 

For instance, PS3 games on gameplay.com are generally lower down on the purchases, but Uncharted has been #1 since its release (only surpassed once i think by xbox360 COD4 with a £20 discount.) So, POSSIBLY the PS3 is looking quite strong heading into xmas. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

yeah!!!!!

Ynwa.

Well it was logical that the 40 gig model will sooner or later take off ... the question was when ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Amazon is not important. eBay is far more important.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Amazon is not important. eBay is far more important.

umm. no.. amazon is the largest online retailer eBay is where people sell things they dont want or screw over parents at christmas time. 

Amazon has to sell at least sells 500 - 700 of each console a week minus the Wii as they constantly sell out of those. Thatsequal to like 20 EB Game's sales totals a week. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

TyePhoid_PAL said:
Lol all this while I'm handing out some beatings on Tekken Dark ress online. Well until Kber81 cums in my room lol

EWWWWWWWW.
hahahaha that is a very wrong way to spell "come" bro.

OT:
what caused this sudden spike?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?