By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Jees 40 gig popular on amazon

oops yeh that was lazy and now embarassing. if he does that I'd be complainging lol

Ynwa.

Around the Network

It's SOLD OUT NOW!

it says in stock on dec 19th!!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

so is Assassins creed & COD 4 for ps3

Same with the wii & a few of its titles

BUT NOT WITH THE 360!....HA!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Mummelmann said:
TyePhoid_PAL said:
Just seen the 40 gig at number 4 on amazon.co.uk. Last time I looked it was in the 20's

Haven't you heard? Amazon sales don't matter in here, nor do any other PS3 sales for that matter... Get used to it, this is Wii-land!

Amazon sales matter... in relation to Amazon sales.  However it's been proven time and again that Amazon sales seriously suck as an indication of sales elsewhere.

You'd do better going to your local Wal-mart for a day, see what people buy and make a prediction based off that.

steverhcp02 said:
FishyJoe said:
TyePhoid_PAL said:
Fishy Joe what is wrong with you? Seriously pal you need to chill out. Did I mention DS? Did I mention the ps3 was selling great? I just said it was in the top 5. That doesnt mean that I think it is selling better than other consoles because of one retailer.
Seriously pal relax, pause the sarcasm and read carefully...

When you title a thread "Jees 40 gig popular on Amazon" you are making it sound like it something amazing, when the reality it is not. So if you want people to be relaxed, perhaps you should create a more subdued title.

wtf man. It IS popluar on amazon. The OP said NOTHING of sales surpassing anything....he never even MENTIONED another console, competition or anything....never even hinted at an extrapolation of amazon to sales figures....just made a statement base don the increase he saw as it related to Amazon. Get off you high horse and gtfo and stop shitting on threads all the time, YOU are the one "making it sound" liek something....because if you read the text there isnt a need for anyone to make it sound like anything other than what it says......the 40 gb is popular on amzon. end of story. no debate, no argument, no hidden meaning. lay off and act like a mod for once.

It implys it however. As after saying it's selling well on amazon leaves basically no room for discussion except discussing it's ramifications (there are none since amazon is a bad indicator) or off topic stuff.

Note how people are actually using this to say "BC doesn't matter". etc.   They are using Amazon as an indicator for greater trends... which is... well stupid.

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:
leo-j said:
The 40gb is doing very well. Now #1

That means nothing, remember?

Sarcasm aside, its nice to see the PS3 doing so well, but as many people have pointed out its only one place. But personally, if one online site is showing this sort of trend, its not impossible for others to be the same.

For instance, PS3 games on gameplay.com are generally lower down on the purchases, but Uncharted has been #1 since its release (only surpassed once i think by xbox360 COD4 with a £20 discount.) So, POSSIBLY the PS3 is looking quite strong heading into xmas.

See all the other times people have used Amazon to claim past trends, they've all been humiliated.

The truth is people who shop online are drastically different from the mainstream consumer.  That's including people who don't actually "shop" online but instead only use online to compare prices and read review sites and the like.