Link to the VGChartz article here.
Switch Ships 132.46 Million Units as of September 2023
Nintendo has released its latest hardware and software figures for the Nintendo Switch through September 30, 2023. Shipment figures for the Nintendo Switch reached 132.46 million units, while 1,133.23 million Switch games have been shipped lifetime.
For the quarter ending September 30, 2023, Nintendo shipped 2.93 million Switch units and 44.88 million Switch games.
Breaking down the 132.46 million lifetime shipped figure for the Switch, it has shipped 51.03 million units in the Americas, 34.15 million in Europe, 31.77 million in Japan, and 15.51 million in the rest of the world.
The regular Nintendo switch model accounts for 90.83 million units of the 132.46 million Switch consoles shipped worldwide. The Switch Lite accounts for 21.92 million units and the Switch OLED accounts for 19.71 million units.
Nintendo's forecast for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2024 remains at 15.00 million. If Nintendo is able to hit its forecast it would bring lifetime Switch shipment figures to 140.62 million at the end of March 2024. This would be 13.4 million behind lifetime sales of the Nintendo DS.
Nintendo for the six month period ending September 30, 2023 reported net sales were up 21.2 percent to ¥796.24 billion ($5.30 billion) and operating profit grew 27.0 percent to ¥279.91 billion ($1.86 billion).
Here are the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch first-party titles:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 57.01 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 43.38 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 32.44 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 31.15 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 26.95 million
- Pokémon Sword / Pokémon Shield – 26.02 million
- Pokémon Scarlet / Pokémon Violet – 23.23 million
- Super Mario Party – 19.66 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - 19.50 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 16.70 million
Other Nintendo Switch first-party sales:
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 12.58 million
- Nintendo Switch Sports – 10.77 million
- Pikmin 4 - 2.61 million