By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Proof that reviewers are biased towards HD games.

1. God of War is a better series then Metroid Prime (in my opinion)

2. God of War collection MAY have gotten such good reviews because its 2 amazing HD games for only $40. Its a good deal.

3. There are reasons CoD4 Reflex got lower reviews then CoD4 like...well its a 2 year old port, the graphics aren't as good, it was ported by Treyarch who sucks ass (not Infinity Ward), the controls are bad, etc.

4. Nobody is forcing you to read reviews, although I can see why you're upset. You want your system to have better games then it does.

5. You have a 360 anyways, why are you complaining that CoD Reflex got low reviews, just get the 2 year old 360 version that's better or get MW2.

Around the Network

Torillian destroyed the thread ! (in a good way )

jarrod said:
almcchesney said:
and graphics is objective, either its better or not,

Not true, visuals are also subjective (Okami PS2 vs Wii for example).  Even when supposedly "improved" (SMB1/2/3 vs All-Stars for example).  Someone could legitimately prefer the visuals in GOW1/2 PS2 vs the Collection, and can't be faulted for that (though they can be argued against with another subjective view, similar to analog vs pointer controls).

Objective measure in graphics is limited solely to technical aspects (and this can apply to controls too, pointer is technically faster and more accurate than analog), and game reviews tend not to measure that but the sum visual result (which is again, inherently subjective).

Art style is subjective, but things like technical graphics, frame rate, screen tearing, etc. are completely objective.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The metacritic score is fair and if you read the quotations of the reviews, you will notice that the high scores is due to the outstanding value packed in a single blu-ray. Two great games remastered to HD with trophy support for both, for US$40.

And i'm buying it.

kowenicki said:
piss poor research im afraid.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Actually I missed one, 1up gave GoW a higher score, so now it's even between sites giving Metroid Prime or GoW collection higher scores.

ph4nt said:

After a quick visit to the most trustworthy determinant of a games quality, metacritic, I found something SHOCKING.

God of War Collection (PS3) - 97

God of War - 94

God of War 2 - 93.

That's right folks, a PORT of two last generation games to the PS3 managed to INCREASE it's quality! Why you ask? because it's in high definition, there is something about those extra rows of pixels that make the reviewer like a game a lot more. I think we can conclude that the only reason God of War 1 and God of War 2 got such low review scores is because they were in SD, had they originally been released in HD they probably could have scored 98+.

Trophies and they have much better graphics. The gameplay has not got tired at all. The God of War gameplay is just soooooooo good anyway. God of War Collection has 8 reviews, the others have loads, so you can't take that as a reliable measure

By comparison:

Metroid Prime 1 scored 97

Metroid Prime 2 scored 92

Metroid Prime 3 scored 90.

While the trilogy scored 91.

Obviously the trilogy scored lower because other than Wii controls, nothing was new in the package. Had the game been in HD, i think it would easily have scored a 98.

This is undeniable proof of how BROKEN the review system is, you may ask "so what, this is just one example!" but the review scores ACROSS THE BOARD have been higher for HD systems simply because they were in HD.

Calkl of duty: Modern Warfare ps360 = 94

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Wii = 77

It's a better game! Better MP, better graphics and the game is just that much more intense and enjoyable

I rest my case.

EDIT: sorry, meant to put this in general gaming, BUT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS BLASPHEMY.

In many cases, it is a case of reviewers prefering that type of game and not actual bias against the Wii. Game reviewers are hardcore gamers, so generally don't like the Wii so much, but these are awful examples.

An HD game is better than an SD game anyway

RolStoppable said:
Barozi said:

Sure, but what happens once more reviews are in and the trend then points indeed towards bias? If you accept Torillian's comment as correct now (which it is), you will also have to say that it is correct afterwards.

LOL @ people who say that the Gamecube Metroid Prime games weren't improved, but actually worse on the Wii.

won't happen

Well HD IS better than SD. That's why we buy HD TV's.

RolStoppable said:
Barozi said:
RolStoppable said:
Barozi said:

Sure, but what happens once more reviews are in and the trend then points indeed towards bias? If you accept Torillian's comment as correct now (which it is), you will also have to say that it is correct afterwards.

LOL @ people who say that the Gamecube Metroid Prime games weren't improved, but actually worse on the Wii.

won't happen

You mean there aren't any more reviews coming?

that's not what I meant. The incoming reviews will have a negative effect on it. It should go down to about 93 or 94. (maybe/possibly more)

All it needs are some 80s.