By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Proof that reviewers are biased towards HD games.

Two great games of last gen coming in one package with HD-graphics = should increase the score a bit.

Around the Network

I think the whole premise of the thread is silly but people claiming that nothing was added to Metroid Trilogy and that it therefore offers less value than the GOW package need to do some research.

I should add that I believe the OP meant this thread to be silly or at least a little tongue in cheek.

Vashyo said:

Two great games of last gen coming in one package with HD-graphics = should increase the score a bit.

And three better games for $50, including one current generation game, plus added Wii controls and "achievement" system, along with updated lighting and other effects, should increase the score as well, even higher right?

it makes perfect sense.

ph4nt said:
Vashyo said:

And three better games for $50, including one current generation game, plus added Wii controls and "achievement" system, along with updated lighting and other effects, should increase the score as well, even higher right?

it makes perfect sense.

If by better you meant worse, going by their scores. GoW II actually came out after the PS3... and the whole package is $10 cheaper

RolStoppable said:
Munkeh111 said:
ph4nt said:
Vashyo said:

it makes perfect sense.

If by better you meant worse, going by their scores. GoW II actually came out after the PS3... and the whole package is $10 cheaper

Going by their scores, God of War averages 93.5 while Metroid Prime averages 93 (both before the compilation). That's a significant difference. But yes, technically you are correct.

Going by price, you pay $20 per game for God of War and $17 per game for Metroid Prime. So the MP Trilogy gives you more value for your money.

So the scores for the compilations just don't make any sense.

You also realise it is stupid comparing an average review with 8 reviews, and one with over 40 reviews... you cannot directly compare unless you look at the scores of actual sites. You could also perhaps say that one's gameplay has aged better, but I don't know about that

Around the Network

I just finished reading this thread. LOL. Where to start.... A port is a game that is unchanged and put on another console. GOD OF WAR COLLECTION IS NOT A PORT, IT IS A REMAKE. Two very different things. The collection is revamped on a blu-ray disk, in high definition, has trophy support, and has two complete games on that one disk. A port? Hah, you make me laugh with your illogical statements. Lower scores because not in HD??? Wow, um actually they got lower scores on average because they had more reviews than the current collection does. Wait about a week. And did you really bring up reflex??? The mediocre score of that wii game is not because that it isn't in high definition. The controls are bad, the graphics are horrible, no trophy/achievement support, and unsatisfying online modes(no voice chat, half the original game modes, laggy). It has nothing to do with high definition or standard edition, so please, do your research before you start a rant that you have no place in.
I am ending my comment with respect towards you as a person, just not as a thread maker. :)

And none of my comments above were meant as disrespectful towards you or anyone else on this thread, just stating my opinion.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

I just finished reading this thread. LOL. Where to start.... A port is a game that is unchanged and put on another console. GOD OF WAR COLLECTION IS NOT A PORT, IT IS A REMAKE. Two very different things. The collection is revamped on a blu-ray disk, in high definition, has trophy support, and has two complete games on that one disk. A port? Hah, you make me laugh with your illogical statements. Lower scores because not in HD??? Wow, um actually they got lower scores on average because they had more reviews than the current collection does. Wait about a week. And did you really bring up reflex??? The mediocre score of that wii game is not because that it isn't in high definition. The controls are bad, the graphics are horrible, no trophy/achievement support, and unsatisfying online modes(no voice chat, half the original game modes, laggy). It has nothing to do with high definition or standard edition, so please, do your research before you start a rant that you have no place in.
I am ending my comment with respect towards you as a person, just not as a thread maker. :)

And none of my comments above were meant as disrespectful towards you or anyone else on this thread, just stating my opinion.

I fail to see how the god of war collection is a remake when all they added was trophies and upscaled it. sounds like "port" to me.

ps3-sales! said:

Not that i disagree with your overall conclusion but by your definition Prime Trilogy isn't a port either, it's a remake.

Three complete games on one disc (a full sized DVD, not a mini;))

New controls (for 2 of the games)

Widescreen support (originally lacking in 1+2)

- 480p was in all the original games but perhaps many people didn't have HDTV's at the time

Redrawn textures

Improved lighting in Prime 1

Improved loading and streaming

Wii achievements or whatever you like to call them (with online trading of vouchers), allowing a host of unlockables

Who cares what reviews think, this generation has proven that reviews are obsolete irrelevant things, and that game journalism is a dying medium

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

well dont' care about reviews, or who is rated higher or not. I gave up on reviewers these days so I assume I will be angry if i pay attention anyway.

But lets compare them.

1. Neither added any extra levels/story or whatever you want to say, they are the same games, thus ports.

GOW:
now in 1080p
added trophy's
2 games on 1 disk
more screen (like widescreen movie compared to sd movie)

Metroid trilogy:
improved graphics, lighting and loading times (for 1 & 2 at least)
added achievements
3 games on 1 disk
1 & 2 improved ot widescreen (thus same more screen as GOW games did)
1 & 2 now have Wii controls

well here is a video of god of war comparison of old game and new http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpMTtJZfhQU&feature=player_embedded well to me it looks like just basically less fuzzy, but youtube so whatever not gonna comment on how much better quality or not. But as for widescreen it looks like fake widescreen. To me it looks like they just cut some of the top bottom off to make widescreen. there isn't more stuff on teh sides.

But ok let me get this straight then GOW fans. Your collection is better because what, its in 1080p? Oh and same controls. Otherwise both have same story, both added achivements/trophies, both less load times or none, both widescreen. Now the Wii is 3 games in 1 versus only 2 in 1. and it has the updated controls.

Face it, Metroid is a better package and bang for your dollar, you just prefer god of war because you like taht series more, or you are just being a biased ass. If you were a reviewer though there is no reason that metroid should not get higher rated.