By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Proof that reviewers are biased towards HD games.

After a quick visit to the most trustworthy determinant of a games quality, metacritic, I found something SHOCKING.

God of War Collection (PS3) - 97

God of War - 94

God of War 2 - 93.

That's right folks, a PORT of two last generation games to the PS3 managed to INCREASE it's quality! Why you ask? because it's in high definition, there is something about those extra rows of pixels that make the reviewer like a game a lot more. I think we can conclude that the only reason God of War 1 and God of War 2 got such low review scores is because they were in SD, had they originally been released in HD they probably could have scored 98+.

By comparison:

Metroid Prime 1 scored 97

Metroid Prime 2 scored 92

Metroid Prime 3 scored 90.

While the trilogy scored 91.

Obviously the trilogy scored lower because other than Wii controls, nothing was new in the package. Had the game been in HD, i think it would easily have scored a 98.

This is undeniable proof of how BROKEN the review system is, you may ask "so what, this is just one example!" but the review scores ACROSS THE BOARD have been higher for HD systems simply because they were in HD.

Calkl of duty: Modern Warfare ps360 = 94

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Wii = 77

I rest my case.

EDIT: sorry, meant to put this in general gaming, BUT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS BLASPHEMY.

Around the Network

You mean towards the PS3.

ph4nt said:

After a quick visit to the most trustworthy determinant of a games quality, metacritic, I found something SHOCKING.

God of War Collection (PS3) - 97

God of War - 94

God of War 2 - 93.

That's right folks, a PORT of two last generation games to the PS3 managed to INCREASE it's quality! Why you ask? because it's in high definition, there is something about those extra rows of pixels that make the reviewer like a game a lot more. I think we can conclude that the only reason God of War 1 and God of War 2 got such low review scores is because they were in SD, had they originally been released in HD they probably could have scored 98+.

By comparison:

Metroid Prime 1 scored 97

Metroid Prime 2 scored 92

Metroid Prime 3 scored 90.

While the trilogy scored 91.

Obviously the trilogy scored lower because other than Wii controls, nothing was new in the package. Had the game been in HD, i think it would easily have scored a 98.

This is undeniable proof of how BROKEN the review system is, you may ask "so what, this is just one example!" but the review scores ACROSS THE BOARD have been higher for HD systems simply because they were in HD.

Calkl of duty: Modern Warfare ps360 = 94

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Wii = 77

I rest my case.

EDIT: sorry, meant to put this in general gaming, BUT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE PEOPLE NEED TO SEE THIS BLASPHEMY.

this is a joke right?

Curse you High Definition! Super Mario Galaxy would have had a 107 if it wasn't for you! *shakes fist*

I would take a guess that the GoW collection score has much less to do with bias and more to do with the fact that there have only been 7 reviews.

CoD: MW: R got a worse grade because it is an old game being sold as a new port, it's common practice for those to get lower scores.

Around the Network

Well, we all know that the review system used by sites like METACRITIC is indeed inefficient. Just take a look at the difference between user reviews vs those ''expert'' reviews. GTAIV best game of the gen...yeah right!

Isnt that only 5 reviews for the GoW Collection? Which means it will have time to come down a little.

lol it cant be because they improved framerate and added trophies could it...
and thats all the Metroid collection was was a port of a really good game, to make it a well really good game with wii controls that still looked like the last game....
I dont like the wii controls, sure its easier sometime but give me my damn button to quick change weapons.

So what your saying is people like HD when they shouldn't? thats blasphemy.

Looking at the list of reviewers between GoW Collection and Metroid Prime Trilogy only Gamefocus, Gamepro, IGN, and Game Informer have reviewed both, and only Game Informer reviewed GoW higher while IGN and Gamefocus scored Metroid Prime Trilogy higher and Gamepro gave them both 100. Your argument sucks.