By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

yes

Around the Network

@ comments above
oh i see.

lol @ selnor.
it still doesn't look that good actually even on the PC.

I think kz2 looks somewhat better. the diferences don't matter though. these games that have been coming out lately are great looking. I did think that many people were complaining that so many have been focusing on grafics lately. seems funny that now that mw2 came out there is this heavy focus on whether or not the grafics are stellar. where does this come from? like I said before when kz 2 or uncharted 2 came out people were talking about how the grafics were not as important as others made them seem.

lol@ ppl claming mw2 looks as good as killzone 2, i really dunno what to say about them apart from...........your wrong.

on a side note mw2 does indeed look incredible, i may be picking this up in the new year

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

monsterone said:
I think kz2 looks somewhat better. the diferences don't matter though. these games that have been coming out lately are great looking. I did think that many people were complaining that so many have been focusing on grafics lately. seems funny that now that mw2 came out there is this heavy focus on whether or not the grafics are stellar. where does this come from? like I said before when kz 2 or uncharted 2 came out people were talking about how the grafics were not as important as others made them seem.

your correct.

when games like killzone and uncharted 2 came out, the said its all about the gameplay not grafix.

and now we have this, in where they are trying to make mw2 to have best grafix.

imo this is clear proof that sony fans are here to enjoy great games, and the xbox fans are here to win arguments.

so to sum up, mw2 is a stella game one of the best you will get this year, the arguments that have been brought to attention in this thread dont matter.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
MW2 is bad at textures when you go up close to any surface you see low res texture but overall it's a very good looking game.Maybe the best looking multiplat game.

KZ2 is a better looking game without a doubt.KZ2 had some flat low res texture here and there but mostly beautiful 3d surface texture instead of a 2d picture as texture.

All Textures "ARE" 2D images....

You use a secondary "Bump" or "Normal" texture (mapping) to give it that depth effect.

kiefer23 said:
SpartanFX said:
MW2 is bad at textures when you go up close to any surface you see low res texture but overall it's a very good looking game.Maybe the best looking multiplat game.

KZ2 is a better looking game without a doubt.KZ2 had some flat low res texture here and there but mostly beautiful 3d surface texture instead of a 2d picture as texture.

All Textures "ARE" 2D images....

You use a secondary "Bump" or "Normal" texture (mapping) to give it that depth effect.

I agree with this post. Worked with JOGL which is a java port for OpenGL. This is precisely how 3D is created: 2D texture mapping.

About the game...WOW looks stunning. My Christmas list keeps expanding.

Sweep said:

IMHO : This game doesn't deserve the praise.

Technicaly, KZ2 is beyond of it :

KZ2 is 720p, MW2 is not,

KZ2 has better AI, better lightning, better textures, better storyline and better online, yes BETTER online with dedicated servers

and 16x16 games) .

After playing uncharted 2, MW2 has nice graphics but nothing spectacular, and doesn't deserve a 10 (if so, uncharted 2 deserves a 15/10...).

Bold 1) I was waiting for someone to bring this up.

Bold 2) I'm pretty sure that you mean lighting.

Bold 3) That is a matter of opinion.

Sure, but not 10 worthy

How can you say Killzone 2 has better lighting when so much of it was prebaked?

Tease.