By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

NKAJ said:
FKNetwork said:
KillerMan said:
dorbin2009 said:
So if half of the audience is saying a multi-platform game has amazing graphics.

And if the other half is saying that certain exclusives have better graphics...

Which side am I going to believe?

I can just say that even on PC with the highest settings possible MW2 doesn't look better than KZ2 to my eyes. ( I play MW2 with PC..) I really don't know how anyone can claim that X360 version of MW2 looks better than KZ2. It can be better game overall for many but graphically it just isn't at the same level.

You must have a rubbish PC then.....

you must be pretty desperate to start saying that.

I htink we can see most people here think mw2 graphics are below or perhaps on par with killzone 2...a few think toehrwise and its funny how they come directly from the microsoft camp

Not at all actually, but I have played it on my PC and it looks stunning, much much better than the ps3 and 360 versions and certainly better than killzone 2 but it's on pc with full settings so I would expect it anyway, just a shame the multiplayer on the pc version is very poor.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
KillerMan said:
dorbin2009 said:
So if half of the audience is saying a multi-platform game has amazing graphics.

And if the other half is saying that certain exclusives have better graphics...

Which side am I going to believe?

I can just say that even on PC with the highest settings possible MW2 doesn't look better than KZ2 to my eyes. ( I play MW2 with PC..) I really don't know how anyone can claim that X360 version of MW2 looks better than KZ2. It can be better game overall for many but graphically it just isn't at the same level.

AMD Athlon 64 5200+ overclocked to 3Ghz with 4gb ram and Radeon HD4850 as GPU (MW2 runs easily with highest settings). Certainly a lot more powerfull than X360.

KillerMan said:
FKNetwork said:

AMD Athlon 64 5200+ overclocked to 3Ghz with 4gb ram and Radeon HD4850 as GPU (MW2 runs easily with highest settings). Certainly a lot more powerfull than X360.

Hmm, very odd then as it really does look stunning on my pc?

FKNetwork said:
KillerMan said:
FKNetwork said:

Hmm, very odd then as it really does look stunning on my pc?

I'd suggest you to get your eyes checked. I've finished MW2 2 days ago on my PC on 1920*1200 with FSAA 8x on highest settings playing on professional 21'' EIZO LCD monitor and the only thing that looks good in MW2 to some extent are character models. Backgrounds look like crap, water is abysmal, trees are made from 8 polygons and look like twisted blocks... It might look great on 600p on a big screen, but it doesn't look that spectacular at 1200p.

Art design is great, I really enjoyed changing scenery in every single mission. From snowy mountains, through brazilian favelas to post ap washington d.c., on the oil rig and in the gulag. But when it comes to technology, MW2 graphics are slightly above the average for PC game. Don't get me wrong, I've thoroughly enjoyed the game (I was actualy surprised that it was better than I was expecting). But it is far from the level of Killzone 2 and Crysis, FAR.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising