By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

So many people complaining about what reviewers have said about MW2's graphics. IGN rated it higher than KZ2, and GameTrailers have come out saying only Uncharted 2 matches it or betters it. Is it so hard to believe? I dont think so. I was blown away by it last night. It's easily an exceptionally good game graphically. The first mission is reminicent of KZ2's. Bridge, fighting with buildings in the distance. But there is much more going on in MW2. The grenade explosions are awesome. And the atmosphere is spot on.

Around the Network

And it has colors

MW2 is bad at textures when you go up close to any surface you see low res texture but overall it's a very good looking game.Maybe the best looking multiplat game.

KZ2 is a better looking game without a doubt.KZ2 had some flat low res texture here and there but mostly beautiful 3d surface texture instead of a 2d picture as texture.

The first mission is not reminiscent to kz2's first mission..

mM

Somehow, I cannot believe you would make this thread if it were 360 games it was surpassing. Not doubting your honesty, but still ...

Around the Network

Hell no. MW2 is not even close to KZ2.

I was playing Killzone 2 yesterday and it didn't look as good as I remember it. Maybe my TV settings are messed up. Some areas are genuinely ugly though. Fire effects, water effects, facial animations, explosions...

Modern Warfare 2 is gorgeous. Huge leap over the last one.

I certaintly thinks it looks good, but imo gears1-2, uncharted1-2, mgs4 and kz2 looks better:p

EDIT: keep in mind that i havent played modern warfare 2:P so i have to judge from gametrailer videoes:p

Further comments from reviews.

"Graphically Modern Warfare 2 sets a bar so high that the game that our industry will look to it as a blueprint of what can be done on next-gen systems. The developers found a perfect balance between realistic and entertainment (just wait until you play-through the airport level) that there were points during our review period that we actually forgot we weren’t watching a HD movie."

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has more than enough guns, modes and "oh-my-god" moments to propel it to the very top of your must have list, with astounding visuals, crystal-clear (and at times, frightening) audio and enough plot twists to make you second guess everything, so gear up, hop onto your snowmobile and haul ass to the nearest store."

"The fact that I didn't even get into the stunning visuals and amazing sound design speaks volumes about the sheer amount of content in the game, and I could probably write another 800 words simply about the ridiculous attention to detail on display in each level."

"Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer."

This game could be crowned best graphics so far. Loads of reviewers were taken aback by the graphics and real feel of war.

what else as good looking as MW2 that is multipalt?RE5?i m just trying to think but i can't come up with another good lookin multiplat game.