By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

papflesje said:
Somehow, I cannot believe you would make this thread if it were 360 games it was surpassing. Not doubting your honesty, but still ...

Um it is?? I think it's better than my fave 360 graphics which is FM3. So what?

Around the Network
selnor said:
Further comments from reviews.

"Graphically Modern Warfare 2 sets a bar so high that the game that our industry will look to it as a blueprint of what can be done on next-gen systems. The developers found a perfect balance between realistic and entertainment (just wait until you play-through the airport level) that there were points during our review period that we actually forgot we weren’t watching a HD movie."

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has more than enough guns, modes and "oh-my-god" moments to propel it to the very top of your must have list, with astounding visuals, crystal-clear (and at times, frightening) audio and enough plot twists to make you second guess everything, so gear up, hop onto your snowmobile and haul ass to the nearest store."

"The fact that I didn't even get into the stunning visuals and amazing sound design speaks volumes about the sheer amount of content in the game, and I could probably write another 800 words simply about the ridiculous attention to detail on display in each level."

"Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer."

This game could be crowned best graphics so far. Loads of reviewers were taken aback by the graphics and real feel of war.

I am expecting it to look much better than KZ2 when I play it, which WILL be today when I go to my friends house on the XBOX 360.

mM
selnor said:

"Graphically Modern Warfare 2 sets a bar so high that the game that our industry will look to it as a blueprint of what can be done on next-gen systems. The developers found a perfect balance between realistic and entertainment (just wait until you play-through the airport level) that there were points during our review period that we actually forgot we weren’t watching a HD movie."

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has more than enough guns, modes and "oh-my-god" moments to propel it to the very top of your must have list, with astounding visuals, crystal-clear (and at times, frightening) audio and enough plot twists to make you second guess everything, so gear up, hop onto your snowmobile and haul ass to the nearest store."

"The fact that I didn't even get into the stunning visuals and amazing sound design speaks volumes about the sheer amount of content in the game, and I could probably write another 800 words simply about the ridiculous attention to detail on display in each level."

"Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer."

This game could be crowned best graphics so far. Loads of reviewers were taken aback by the graphics and real feel of war.

lool

are u serious?i thought that was Forza 3 :P

you are bad at picking best greaphic selnor and you know it :D

but i agree it is the best looking multiplat game ,,,up there with rEsident evil 5.but KZ2 is better ,,,uncharted 2 is irrelevant here.

Did you played it on PC or 360?

Boutros said:
Did you played it on PC or 360?

The PC version is identicle to the console ones

mM
Around the Network

IMHO : This game doesn't deserve the praise.

Technicaly, KZ2 is beyond of it :

KZ2 is 720p, MW2 is not,

KZ2 has better AI, better lightning, better textures, better storyline and better online, yes BETTER online with dedicated servers

and 16x16 games) .

After playing uncharted 2, MW2 has nice graphics but nothing spectacular, and doesn't deserve a 10 (if so, uncharted 2 deserves a 15/10...).

well i read the ign reviews. Seems like uncharted 2 got a 10 from all, while mf2 got 10, 9 and 9.5 for graphics. I think uncharted 2 will get the graphics award:P

I wouldn't say they are amazing but pretty good they are. The game is very sequential and scripted so graphics can be concentrated in making every situation look as best as possible...there is no random factor like in sandbox games.

SpartanFX said:
selnor said:

lool

are u serious?i thought that was Forza 3 :P

you are bad at picking best greaphic selnor and you know it :D

but i agree it is the best looking multiplat game ,,,up there with rEsident evil 5.but KZ2 is better ,,,uncharted 2 is irrelevant here.

And how am I bad. Do you know what my top 5 is for this gen. FM3 I said was my fave 360 graphics and best racing game graphics so far. Never said anyhting about best graphics of all time. MW2 was out after FM3. And it is better.

I have a question selnor, how does it compare to world at war graphicly in your opinion?

mM