By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

geez selnor - it seems like every game you every see is the new graphics king.

looking at your posted video MW2 definitely has a great presentation and atmosphere but in terms of pure graphics it's nothing too special. Great for a multiplat maybe but the only bar for graphics this is setting is the new minimum effort.

Around the Network

that looks ok.Doesnt look anything particualry special though .That first mission is nothingl ike kz2s.you spend two minutes standing,firing,crouching,standing,firing,crouching...etc then you get in a vechile...nothing like the kz2 mission

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

selnor said:

And how am I bad. Do you know what my top 5 is for this gen. FM3 I said was my fave 360 graphics and best racing game graphics so far. Never said anyhting about best graphics of all time. MW2 was out after FM3. And it is better.

edit, nm.

Yeah it looks very good but Assassins's Creed 2 has a higher priority for me at the moment (can't wait till next week)...

leo-j said:
selnor said:
Further comments from reviews.

"Graphically Modern Warfare 2 sets a bar so high that the game that our industry will look to it as a blueprint of what can be done on next-gen systems. The developers found a perfect balance between realistic and entertainment (just wait until you play-through the airport level) that there were points during our review period that we actually forgot we weren’t watching a HD movie."

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has more than enough guns, modes and "oh-my-god" moments to propel it to the very top of your must have list, with astounding visuals, crystal-clear (and at times, frightening) audio and enough plot twists to make you second guess everything, so gear up, hop onto your snowmobile and haul ass to the nearest store."

"The fact that I didn't even get into the stunning visuals and amazing sound design speaks volumes about the sheer amount of content in the game, and I could probably write another 800 words simply about the ridiculous attention to detail on display in each level."

"Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer."

This game could be crowned best graphics so far. Loads of reviewers were taken aback by the graphics and real feel of war.

I am expecting it to look much better than KZ2 when I play it, which WILL be today when I go to my friends house on the XBOX 360.

Here is the airport bit if you havent seen it. The use of smoke is amazing. Cant wait to see it on my TV.

Around the Network
selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
Further comments from reviews.

"Graphically Modern Warfare 2 sets a bar so high that the game that our industry will look to it as a blueprint of what can be done on next-gen systems. The developers found a perfect balance between realistic and entertainment (just wait until you play-through the airport level) that there were points during our review period that we actually forgot we weren’t watching a HD movie."

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has more than enough guns, modes and "oh-my-god" moments to propel it to the very top of your must have list, with astounding visuals, crystal-clear (and at times, frightening) audio and enough plot twists to make you second guess everything, so gear up, hop onto your snowmobile and haul ass to the nearest store."

"The fact that I didn't even get into the stunning visuals and amazing sound design speaks volumes about the sheer amount of content in the game, and I could probably write another 800 words simply about the ridiculous attention to detail on display in each level."

"Anyone who already has issues with the single-player ‘style’ of IW’s games will still find fault with the scripted, linear experience, but in terms of sheer drama and show-stopping set-pieces accompanied by laser sharp FPS controls, Modern Warfare 2 is your daddy. And that’s without Spec Ops and Multiplayer."

This game could be crowned best graphics so far. Loads of reviewers were taken aback by the graphics and real feel of war.

I am expecting it to look much better than KZ2 when I play it, which WILL be today when I go to my friends house on the XBOX 360.

Here is the airport bit if you havent seen it. The use of smoke is amazing. Cant wait to see it on my TV.

That was a bit hard to watch...

WTF? Why are you killing innocent people there? o-O

mM
SpartanFX said:
MW2 is bad at textures when you go up close to any surface you see low res texture but overall it's a very good looking game.Maybe the best looking multiplat game.

KZ2 is a better looking game without a doubt.KZ2 had some flat low res texture here and there but mostly beautiful 3d surface texture instead of a 2d picture as texture.

The environment was a lot of squares and other basic polygons.  That likely enabled better texturing. 

Anyhow, back to MW2.  Ok, it looks awesome, but we sure it is a 10/10 awesome for looks and not a 9/10 or an 8.5/10 for looks?

leo-j said:
I have a question selnor, how does it compare to world at war graphicly in your opinion?

IMO alot better. It does more onscreen, better effects ( lighting, smoke, animations ) also the draw distance is awesome in this game. You'll love it. I have never had a problem calling 3rd party games awesome for graphics. If you can play it with that in mind, as the reviewers seem to have down you will see it is doing so much. It's attention to detail is 2nd to none.

Well WAW for me looked like a last generation game in comparison to the original Uncharted, I have yet to purchase U2..

anyhow those comments on that video.. wow

mM