By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

Ok, it is settled. The PC gaming community has spoken. MW2 is now one of the top 10 WORST games ever:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=92041&page=1

It is worse than Big Rigs, according to the voices on the InternWebNets. Selnor, since the PC version has superior graphics to the console versions, this means that the console versions are some of the worst games EVER!

Around the Network

@richardhutnik,

funny how you are going in the past to "protect the 360 guardians" that are severely ass kicked in this thread.

but, sadly, KZ2 was not called the Halo killer by most of them and it was not supposed to reinvente FPS.
But technically, KZ2 was praised a LOT and it was still a very good game overall (see metacritic)

going back to the OP : KZ2 took the technical crown from the 360.

Sooner peole will accept, sooner those crappy thread will disappear.

Time to Work !

libellule said:
@richardhutnik,

funny how you are going in the past to "protect the 360 guardians" that are severely ass kicked in this thread.

but, sadly, KZ2 was not called the Halo killer by most of them and it was not supposed to reinvente FPS.
But technically, KZ2 was praised a LOT and it was still a very good game overall (see metacritic)

going back to the OP : KZ2 took the technical crown from the 360.

Sooner peole will accept, sooner those crappy thread will disappear.

I am now upset that people are arguing that Big Rigs is superior to the PC version of MW2.  That frosts my shorts.  I refuse to have Big Rigs knocked off the Winner throne by MW2 on the PC!

And no, don't expect people who are partisan console owners to acknowledge anything good about games on rival consoles.  It isn't going to happen.

kz2 gameplay wasn't noob friendly =). there were noobs whinning about auto aim.
graphical wise i yet to play a game that match kz2 on graphics

Xoj said:

For what KZ2 renders, the engine is amazing.  But other games do render different things, and can be argued to be superior in different ways.  Take Crysis, for example.  Someone comes on here and actually posts that KZ2 blows it away, or is superior.  All you have to do is go, "You kidding me?".  And the MW2 engine also does things diferently, and looks good.  Uncharted 2 also looks real good.  Again, each game renders different things. 

Do you think that the next Gran Turismo won't be a looker either?  Well, it will be, but it will render different things than KZ2.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Doesn't get more realistic than this. MW2 looks good folks, but to think it competes with Killzone 2 is quite silly. To each there own, but Killzone 2 is technologically a better game.

How do you mean technologically a better game? Their design goals are completely different and so is their implementation, so please tell me how you can say one is better than the other unless you can clarify and say its better in some specific way.

Killzone 2 = heavely multi-threaded, high frame time (33-40ms per frame) + higher latency (177 or 6-7 frames) but implements a lot of technologies with the express desire to make a graphically immersive game. This game sold pretty much initially because it looked better than pretty much every game out there and this was conveyed by videos over the internet.

Call of Duty 6 = less threaded, low frame time and low latency (assumed from how they did the first game) 16.66-20ms per frame multiplayer orientated experience. Word of mouth sold the previous game because people felt how much better it played than pretty much every game out there in a way that videos on the internet couldn't convey.

Tease.

richardhutnik said:
Xoj said:

For what KZ2 renders, the engine is amazing.  But other games do render different things, and can be argued to be superior in different ways.  Take Crysis, for example.  Someone comes on here and actually posts that KZ2 blows it away, or is superior.  All you have to do is go, "You kidding me?".  And the MW2 engine also does things diferently, and looks good.  Uncharted 2 also looks real good.  Again, each game renders different things. 

Do you think that the next Gran Turismo won't be a looker either?  Well, it will be, but it will render different things than KZ2.

show me the link, because thread we had everyone states crysis it's superior.

from the technical point of view only a cry engine 3 can be label as better, though it uses the same deffered redenring tech as killzone 2. yet killzone 2 graphics are insane and above anything on console right now.

from lighting, particles effects, animations and overall graphics.

Xoj said:
richardhutnik said:
Xoj said:

show me the link, because thread we had everyone states crysis it's superior.

from the technical point of view only a cry engine 3 can be label as better, though it uses the same deffered redenring tech as killzone 2. yet killzone 2 graphics are insane and above anything on console right now.

from lighting, particles effects, animations and overall graphics.

Some threads here:

How Killzone 2 pwns Crysis and why I'm done with PC Gaming

No matter haw many polygons Crysis pushes the presentation of Killzone 2 will always be better because the producers had the time and the money to pay attention to little details (such as animation for example).

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=62881

Gamepro - "Killzone 2 may be the best looking FPS ever"

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47404

dude KZ2 looks better than both Crysis and Crysis warhead

Killzone 2 is the best looking FPS of all time when it is in motion. If you take it on screen for screen with Crysis the PS3 just does not have the RAM to be able to compete texture wise. Crysis's problem is once you get those graphics in motion, the horrible animations make for a huge uncanny valley effect. Killzone 2 may very well have the best motion/animation of any game ever made.

Gamepro -- Killzone 2 VS Halo 3 (Is KZ2 a Halo Killer?) YES IT IS!!

Might as well throw in the "Halo Killer" reference here.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=62423

And elsewhere:

Killzone 2 surpasses Crysis

January 10, 2009
Killzone 2 not only sets the bar extremely high in all aspects on the home console, but manages to look better than one of the best looking games on the PC. Guerilla Games has really outdone themselves with a game that is said by many to be genre defining. Although, you don’t have to take my word for it, just Google it to read the impressions of the game being written by other reviewers.

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/01/10/killzone-2-surpass-crysis/

@RichardHutnik

Wow... I cant say anymore..

OT- The graphics are SLIGHTLY improved over MW1, a lil bit better textures way better shadows,no way is it better than KZ2. KZ2 has better graphics over all but MW2 shows more than KZ2 does.

Take screen shots of both games and just compare from there. Make sure to show close up detail as well.=] Put them next to each other and compare.