By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfe 2 Graphics. Give it a rest. It's awesome.

BMaker11 said:
richardhutnik said:
libellule said:
@richardhutnik,

funny how you are going in the past to "protect the 360 guardians" that are severely ass kicked in this thread.

but, sadly, KZ2 was not called the Halo killer by most of them and it was not supposed to reinvente FPS.
But technically, KZ2 was praised a LOT and it was still a very good game overall (see metacritic)

going back to the OP : KZ2 took the technical crown from the 360.

Sooner peole will accept, sooner those crappy thread will disappear.

I am now upset that people are arguing that Big Rigs is superior to the PC version of MW2.  That frosts my shorts.  I refuse to have Big Rigs knocked off the Winner throne by MW2 on the PC!

And no, don't expect people who are partisan console owners to acknowledge anything good about games on rival consoles.  It isn't going to happen.

But the game is on the PS3...you make it seem as if MW2 is 360 exclusive....

There are individuals spinning MW2 as a 360 exclusive, in one of several of the lame arguments that have popped up here.  And, you can also add that partisans treat multi-platform titles as inferior to their system exclusives, unless they try to take ownership over it and act as if the game is an exclusive.  My point there, is you can't expect anyone who is a 360 partisan to acknowledge that KZ2 "took the technical crown from the 360", because that isn't how the game works.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
tuscaniman said:
I understand this is somewhat of a graphics thread and you guys are comparing it to KZ2 but the one main point is MW2>>>>>KZ2 in gameplay. Its head and shoulders better. Who cares if KZ2 is a little better looking.

Gameplay?  Depends on what one prefers.  I wish MW2 had bots in it for deathmatch, or I could get split-screen for Killzone 2.  With each, I am dealing with trade offs.  And yes, DEATHMATCHES.  Don't give me this, "just play the campaign", because MW2 doesn't have a multiplayer campaign.  It has levels of the game tweaked for multiplayer play, and arcade objectives.

Its called spec ops. Try it someday. And why do you want offline bots for deathmatch? Is it cause you don't want to pay the $50 for Live? If thats your excuse you should try finding a better job so $50 a year doesn't affect you. If its cause you don't like playing annoying kids turn the mic off. I've never understood the need for bots in deathmatch. They are predictable and boring.

@Xoj

Yes KZ2 has good graphics, but 32 vs 32 isnt amazing running on 64 playstation threes, I mean the graphics are the best on a console, havnt played UC2 yet.

But the scope of KZ2 is its small, detailed graphics, and few enemies on screen. 

CoDmw2 has Open battlefields,ok graphics and alot of enemys on screen.

Garnett said:

@Xoj

Yes KZ2 has good graphics, but 32 vs 32 isnt amazing running on 64 playstation threes, I mean the graphics are the best on a console, havnt played UC2 yet.

But the scope of KZ2 is its small, detailed graphics, and few enemies on screen. 

As a matter of interest. Have you played KZ2 from start to finish? Because MW2 is no where near KZ2. Some parts of MW2 looks really good. But the game overall is nothing close to KZ2. MW looks really good from far away. But get up close and you can see it for what it really is.

There was a couple of points in KZ2 that had more enemies on screen than I have seen so far on MW2.

Squilliam said:

He said technology. Furthermore what a lot of people ascribe to better technology is actually better artistry in games.

Just because the series has roots in the PC gaming space where framerate is more defined by the end user rather than by the developer, doesn't imply an automatic transition to 60fps. Most games which transition onto consoles, transition onto a 30fps framerate. Call of Duty is one of the only series which springs to mind which doesn't run at 30fps.

I don't have time to finish writing but as it stands its 70ms vs 150+ms. Then you add 2-3 frames for the TV's latency and you can have a difference of over 150ms. A lot of people will notice that and latency was one very importaint reason why Killzone 2's controls were panned.

I don't want to put words in CGI's mouth, but in the context of this thread -and knowing his interest in graphics- I think it was obvious that he was speaking about graphics technology.

As for latency:

1) your math is off. If you have 70 vs 150 ms, and you add 2-3 frames for your (bad) TV, you add them to both cases so the difference is still 80ms. And actually, if you add 2 (ie about 66ms) it becomes 133 vs 213 ms. The absolute difference is the same, but the relative difference has decreased from +115% to +50%.

2) you're still talking about the latency between when you press the shoot button and when your gun shoots on the screen. This is the lamest definition of "control latency" I can imagine for games where the most important controls are those for moving and aiming. Any numbers on them? I guess not, because they're a very complicated affair.

3) once again, this "shooting latency" has nothing to do with people not liking KZ2's "heavy" controls: it's about 1/30th of a second from that of Halo 3, which people never found offensive, and better than GTAIV.

As demonstrated with a) the early patch lessening the turning inertia from the early model showed in the demo and b) the control option -dubbed "high precision aiming", I think- later offered with another patch,  all the difference is in the way GG modeled the inertia, acceleration curve, and dead zone. Even with those changes and options and taking in account the almost nonexistant aim assist in KZ2 many players never liked it, and I'm fine with it, and even called the controls "broken" or "laggy", which I'm not fine with.

Please don't join the flock and don't try to pass as if these gameplay design choices are proofs of technical faults, you would only lose credit in a serious discussion.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
Garnett said:

@Xoj

not it's and its 32 players and moderwarfare have only 18. for both teams.

and kz2 have at least 32 enemies at the same time, skirmish and mp.

and kz2 have huge maps too, like the desert.

few enemies on the screen? thx 4 confirming that u haven't played the game.

I could care less about the graphics. The gameplay is amazing. I'm hoping I will be able to pick this game up with the 360 on Black Friday.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Garnett said:

@Xoj

I don't think you've ever played Killzone 2 multiplayer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c77KMtGMsJI

Garnett said:

@Xoj

so 32 player online while still sustaining incrediable graphics over some very large battlefields isnt as good as only 18 players,not as good graphics even on the singlplayer and well i havnt seen mw2 battlefileds but thedy better be gigantic to make kz2 look small

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"