By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

So I read this thread and found:

* Uncharted 2 hype (yes the game is great but so many threads are bloody annoying)
* Discussions about how some games are better than other based on critics opinions and Metacritics.
* Lulz
* Disscussions about what an Adventure game is
* More Uncharted 2 hype

So ... what's the point of this thread???

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
^ It was made like a year ago and it's fake.

Ah ok thought so but wasn't quite sure since it was featured in the OP along with other official and prominent game art and screens, so the fanboy buried deep inside of me started to cry out "IT MUST BE TRUE!" lol.

@Alfredofroylan... the point of this thread is more Uncharted 2 hype, just with a misleading thread title

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

megaman.2. said:

The Zelda Franchise has been hailed as one if not the greatest adventure series of all time, but is that still the case VGchartz? Megaman.2. Investigates. This thread is based on the peformance of this gen, not looking at previous installment. The focus is on this Generation

This gen Zelda faces very stiff competition indeed, Uncharted series has been hailed as the greatest adventure series of all time. With Uncharted 2 being cited as one of the greatest games by gamers and critics alike. Uncharted 2 has raised considerably for all action/adventure games as Insomniac said it perfectly "Naughty Dog raised the game development bar with Uncharted 2". Uncharted Series is set to go from strength to strenght, yet this Generation there has been only one Zelda game which was port of a Gamecube game. With Naughty Dog able to release The Uncharted series on 2-year basis, one must wonder why there has been so little Zelda Wii this Gen.

With the release of the Last Guardian in 2010, Im not sure if you recall but I made a comparison thread not so long ago between Zelda and Team Ico Games. These games are always battling for the 'Title' of greatest adventure game, and this battle is sure to continue in 2010. Hopefully in 2010 we will see the release of the new Zelda game on the Wii console.

I just played 5 chapters of Uncharted 2 and let me tell you this game has raised to bar so high, its dangerous even to try and match what Naughty Dog have achieved. Truly a game on another level, however I hope the New ZeldaGame is a match for Uncharted 2. Whether that is the case only time will tell!

I dont know the specifics, but i'm, pretty sure nintendo is a bigger company then Naughty Dog so they work on alot more then just one game.

Also i'm sure uncharted and uncharted 2 are fantastic games, if i had a ps3 i would definatley get them. Unfortunatley i have a xbox and i'm stuck with the brownoverload that is gears of war.

But still greatest adventure game "of all time" is going a bit overboard. I mean the franchise has been out for what 2-3 years next thing you know Epic Games releases Gears of Wars Chronicles: The Story of Cole Train. An Adventure game that spans several interconnected storys and bla bla bla you have whatever you want in an andventure game and bam, "Best Adventure game of all time"..."bu-but just 2 months ago uncharted was the best..."

Seems like every game above 90% is "Truly a game on another level". Didnt people praise Batman Arkham Asylum, for raising the bar and being on another level?

NightDragon83 said:
Whoa, what's with the Zelda: Valley of the Flood in the OP? Is that some actual leaked concept art with a rumored title, or just completely made-up on the part of a wishful thinking fan?

Fake builshit from years ago, but MegaMan2 keeps posting it in different threads as if it's real, and has probably confused many people by doing so.

inverted3reality said:
If a game is only good because of nostalgia, it isn't any good.

But Zelda is good and has nostalgia.

Around the Network
WessleWoggle said:
Uncharted has no nostalgia factor

Yet...

Looks like there's alot of opinions in this thread...

patapon said:

Mainly the opinion that nothing could ever be competition to Zelda.

Carl2291 said:
patapon said:

Yeah, I don't understand that. I mean both are of the highest quality and both are extreamly diffrent.

Why must we always have to have THE BEST THAT TRUMPS EVERYTHING ELSE!!! ?

Just love games people, stop trying to compare them!

patapon said:
Carl2291 said:
patapon said:

Yeah, I don't understand that. I mean both are of the highest quality and both are extreamly diffrent.

Why must we always have to have THE BEST THAT TRUMPS EVERYTHING ELSE!!! ?

Just love games people, stop trying to compare them!

Well realistically speaking they aren't really competition to Zelda. It would be like me comparing Demon Souls to that of Dragon Origin, yes you could easily find simularity but neither really takes away sales from the other in a huge quantity.

Also Carl, your earlier statement why did you have to bring up metacritic or reviewers? It seems that you are quick to jump on the fact that Uncharted 2 has a higher score than this generation zelda games. When one is the highest rated handheld games, one is complained on being a port with the original having the same metascore as Uncharted 2, this generation hasn't truly seen a true Zelda game for the consoles.

Edit: On further reading you were responding to individual, who unnecessarily brought up his opinion, but still that post seemed unnecessary.