By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

Both are top notch games, but I would take Zelda over Uncharted 10 times out of 10! Uncharted is easily my favorite Playstation exclusive, but it does not compare to past Zelda games as far as fun goes!

Around the Network

TBH I never understood the "action", nor "adventure" set of game "genres"

After all, surely all FPS and TPS are in reality action games... similarly some are adventure games too (like Prime).

To me however, IF Uncharted plays like I think it does (ie like a Tomb Raider style game) then it is not really that similar to a Zelda game.

Acevil said:

Also Carl, your earlier statement why did you have to bring up metacritic or reviewers? It seems that you are quick to jump on the fact that Uncharted 2 has a higher score than this generation zelda games. When one is the highest rated handheld games, one is complained on being a port with the original having the same metascore as Uncharted 2, this generation hasn't truly seen a true Zelda game for the consoles.

He made his opinion sound like fact.

I gave him fact's to shut him up. Which worked. I don't see a problem with that.

Carl2291 said:
Acevil said:

Also Carl, your earlier statement why did you have to bring up metacritic or reviewers? It seems that you are quick to jump on the fact that Uncharted 2 has a higher score than this generation zelda games. When one is the highest rated handheld games, one is complained on being a port with the original having the same metascore as Uncharted 2, this generation hasn't truly seen a true Zelda game for the consoles.

He made his opinion sound like fact.

I gave him fact's to shut him up. Which worked. I don't see a problem with that.

Honestly I hate when people go around acting like opinion as facts as well. So I guess it was alright, but it just sounded negative. Anyways back to Uncharted 2 for me.

Likewise, got to find all those treasures

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Likewise, got to find all those treasures

I played a little yesterday night and I am 15/15. I kept replaying the second level just to find one that I missed. It turns out it was hanging on the wall and I keep looking at the ground for it.

After years since Zelda TP released, it's still at full price.
Let's see how long Uncharted 2 keep its full price.

I'd say, vote with the wallet.

And really isn't a platformer also an action-adventure.
It's more like a Meta-genre than a genre.

Metagenre: Action-adventure
Genres: FPS/TPS/Platformer/etc

Metagenre: Racing
Genres: Sim/Arcade (sub-genre of arcade being a kart racer)

Metagenre: Puzzle
Genre: well I don't know how to break down puzzle, but puzzle games are so wide ranging they have to be a metagenre (ie there is no category that they are part of between itself and "video-game" ... unless perhaps swap it so the meta is "strategy" with puzzle being a genre of it?)

Metagenre: Simulation
Genre: Sport (sub genres being different sports)/ Lifestyle / Management (like sim city or footbal manager)

(I suppose there is a connection from Sport Sim to Sim Racer too, perhaps it is just too complicated to map out like this)

Chairman-Mao said:
WessleWoggle said:
Uncharted has no nostalgia factor

Yet...

Uncharted will never have a nostalgia factor... Only reason zelda has nostalgia is because it was one of my first games, it was my first SNES game, and it was my first N64 game...

Zelda and Uncharted are not comparable

Zelda is like an action adventure rpg

Uncharted is an action platformer

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st