By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

I can't believe this is still being talked about.

Zelda for Wii is going to destroy Uncharted. I really don't see what there is to talk about. Motion Plus sword fighting.. in Zelda.

This is the next big revolutionary game for the franchise.. Much like Ocarina and the original game were. I believe this is the kind of affect that it will have on the industry.

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:

Zelda for Wii is going to destroy Uncharted. I really don't see what there is to talk about. Motion Plus sword fighting.. in Zelda.

This is the next big revolutionary game for the franchise.. Much like Ocarina and the original game were. I believe this is the kind of affect that it will have on the industry.

Explain "destroy".

Sales? Reviews?... What?

Carl2291 said:
angrypoolman said:

Explain "destroy".

Sales? Reviews?... What?

I guess I should have clarified.

I believe that the new Zelda will have Uncharted beat in every category except for graphics. The main thing that is going to make this game stand out above the rest is innovation. I think they are actually going to do something different with this Zelda. Remember when Miyamoto said Twilight Princess was going to be the 'last Zelda of it's kind?'

This game is going to have a combat system that has never been done before in a video game. Remember Z targetting? I think Nintendo is trying to step up and take this shit to the next level. But all we can do at this point is wait and see.

EDIT: As far as reviews go.. I really do believe that this game is going to have a 98-99 metacritic. Even Nintendo haters will bow.

Sales? 5-7 mil.

Carl2291 said:
patapon said:
Looks like there's alot of opinions in this thread...

Mainly the opinion that nothing could ever be competition to Zelda.

lol, yea that's basically the gist of it. This reality seems to disappoint you.

angrypoolman said:
Carl2291 said:
patapon said:

I myself like Zelda a lot more than Uncharted, but you shouldn't pass your opinion on as "reality".

Around the Network
ultima said:
angrypoolman said:
Carl2291 said:
patapon said:

I myself like Zelda a lot more than Uncharted, but you shouldn't pass your opinion on as "reality".

I think that this is more than an opinion.. Nothing can be competition to Zelda. How could it? Explain a situation in which a game could be competition to Zelda.

angrypoolman said:
Carl2291 said:
patapon said:

"Reality"? lol.

Stop being ignorant and pull your head from your backend.

The "reality" is that other people can have opinions. Not everyone thinks Zelda is the be-all and end-all of gaming.

And how the hell can you think it will be a 98-99 game? We don't even know what it's called yet. We don't have a release schedule. We have 1 single concept art. That is all.

Also, every category? Online? Lasting appeal? Sound/ Voice acting? Story?

The only new thing they can really do is motion control sword fighting, going by what you are saying. Which has been happening now for years. Wii Sports Resort has 1:1 sword fighting, and Sony's motion control already has a sword fighting demo. I don't really see how it will be innovative, if there is already a sword fighting game out using motion.

angrypoolman said:
ultima said:
angrypoolman said:
Carl2291 said:
patapon said:

I think that this is more than an opinion.. Nothing can be competition to Zelda. How could it? Explain a situation in which a game could be competition to Zelda.

Yes, this is just an opinion. In my opinion, Zelda is the best; but just because I think it is doesn't mean everyone else does or should as well. For example, some people enjoy Wii Fit more than Twilight Princess (I know a person who actually does).

Uncharted is good, but why must you put it in such a comparison. I hate it when people overhype Sony games, and then are disapointed when a game is merely brilliant and not the best game ever

megaman.2. Why do you keep comparing Zelda to all your PS3 exclusives? as if that would make them better games? you're making bait threads just to hype up a couple of exclusives?

as i recall your other thread about "ico series" overtaking the Zelda series was locked for being a bait thread...

why do you keep passive-agressively try to scoff at the Zelda series? are you purposely trying to get people to hate/smear uncharted and Ico, cuz it's working... not to mention giving a bad name to Sony fans, with you being their "leader" and all.

EDIT: and you stop using that fake picture of Zelda "valley of the flood" in every Zelda mocking thread of yours, "valley of the flood" is not a real game, i think you're confused... there is official artwork of Zelda Wii, use it.