By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

Why am I not surprised that I open a thread about Zelda and instead find Uncharted 2 fapping. As if the board wasn't already flooded in that nonsense.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Why am I not surprised that I open a thread about Zelda and instead find Uncharted 2 fapping. As if the board wasn't already flooded in that nonsense.

I advise you play the game before claiming any praise for Uncharted 2 as nonsense.

@ Pyro as Bill.

Does any Zelda game?

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

Uncharted is trying to = Zelda?

HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA AOH MY GOD HAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry... I need to catch my breath.

Anyways, on topic. Zelda and Uncharted I would say are the same genre. And don't get me wrong I love Uncharted, but Zelda is fucking... on a whole other level. Zelda basically... reinvented what it was to be a video game (I don't want to hear about 'adventure' for the Atari from you cynics. That game had nowhere near the impact Zelda did)

Also I want to mention, what other projects have Naughty Dog been working on?

Nintendo has been working on a lot more AAA games, it's no wonder they can't pump out Zelda's as fast as we would like them to. Besides, you can't rush perfection.

Any game with a save option owes something to Zelda. Though Uncharted is pretty cool.

Kasz216 said:
All this really does is show how laugable the "Adventure" games series genre is. How do you get yourself an "Adventure" genre game? Just make a game that doesn't quite fit in any other genre.

Seriously.  The word "adventure" means nothing.  I'd almost want to just call Uncharted an "action" game, and call Zelda a "fantasy" game, the way we'd refer to their genres if they were movies.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Kasz216 said:
All this really does is show how laugable the "Adventure" games series genre is. How do you get yourself an "Adventure" genre game? Just make a game that doesn't quite fit in any other genre.

Seriously.  The word "adventure" means nothing.  I'd almost want to just call Uncharted an "action" game, and call Zelda a "fantasy" game, the way we'd refer to their genres if they were movies.

Every game is an adventure game. Halo, BioShock, Metroid. They're all huge adventures.

angrypoolman said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Kasz216 said:

Every game is an adventure game. Halo, BioShock, Metroid. They're all huge adventures.

You just twisted my mind titties.

Zelda has no competition, it's in it's own league.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Whoa, what's with the Zelda: Valley of the Flood in the OP? Is that some actual leaked concept art with a rumored title, or just completely made-up on the part of a wishful thinking fan?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

^ It was made like a year ago and it's fake.