By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

Of this gen? Yeah
Of all time? Zelda owns!

Around the Network

That's right! You've met your "match" Zelda!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Funny thread.

Outside of FPS/Metroid, Nintendo IPs don't have any real competition.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

None of these are "Adventure" games. They are all Action-Adventures. There is a difference. Also the best Action-Adventure series is the Metroid series. :)

^Yeah, I mean you don't really buy a game like Uncharted OR a Zelda game.
You buy them both. Same as any other comparison like Uncharted v Gears or whatever other crazy comparison.

Around the Network

Uncharted, is not in the same genre as Zelda. Uncharted 2 is action adventure, Zelda is an action rpg.

These games only compliment each other for anyone who loves adventure games.

Yeah right.

kutasek said:
Uncharted, is not in the same genre as Zelda. Uncharted 2 is action adventure, Zelda is an action rpg.

Zelda started out as an Action RPG. It boosted a genre that wasn't popular on console. It gained the title Action-Adventure an defined the values for the genre. They ARE the same genre.

ha what a dumb comparison. firstly sales zelda owns, and in fun factor personally i found uncharted to be really boring and bad gameplay. I can't handle that third person shooter with dual analog sticks. so clunky.

well guess can't say story, since didn't completely finish the game. But I figure if a story is great you will finish the game now wouldnt' you. So gonna have to say zelda in that regard no matter how similar they all basically are. but i'm sure i'm gonna get yelled at and called a non gamer for not likeing uncharted so whatever.