By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

lol man ain't that the truth ^^

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Why am I not surprised that I open a thread about Zelda and instead find Uncharted 2 fapping. As if the board wasn't already flooded in that nonsense.

i lol'd. but really no.

I thought it was Benga who wrote the OP when I saw the avatar, pretty shocking.

Then I realised it was megaman2 and it doesn't surprise me that the sony leader would claim that a PS3 exclusive is better than one of the most innovating game series of all time.

No doubt Uncharted is a fantastic series, but zero originality leads to a stale industry and if Uncharted is the best of this industry, we are all screwed.

Carl2291 said:
angrypoolman said:
Carl2291 said:
patapon said:
Looks like there's alot of opinions in this thread...

Mainly the opinion that nothing could ever be competition to Zelda.

lol, yea that's basically the gist of it. This reality seems to disappoint you.

"Reality"? lol.

Stop being ignorant and pull your head from your backend.

No.

The "reality" is that other people can have opinions. Not everyone thinks Zelda is the be-all and end-all of gaming.

Zelda is the best thing gaming has seen. What compares to Zelda in terms of pure awesomeness? Nothing.

And how the hell can you think it will be a 98-99 game? We don't even know what it's called yet. We don't have a release schedule. We have 1 single concept art. That is all.

So once we know the actual name of the game and when it is going to be released, then we will be able to make a more informed desicion about what kind of SCORE it is going to receive? You do see that is all irrelevant information, don't you? Also, we don know more about the new Zelda than just one concept art. You're just being dishonest here.

Also, every category?

Online?

Online, really? Zelda doesn't need online. Also, would you really say Uncharted has Zelda beat in online if Zelda doesn't have an online component of any sort? Wouldn't you have to compare things that they both share? If not, then you are right, Uncharted has Zelda beat in online.. I guess.

Lasting appeal?

Uhh.. yea, pretty sure Zelda will have a better lasting appeal. Just look at the track records of both games.

Sound/ Voice acting?

This is a category? At any rate, I believe they will have voice acting in the next Zelda, and it will be on par with Uncharted's voice acting.. I don't really see how a game could have 'better' voice acting. It either has it or it doesn't..

Story?

Have you ever looked up the Zelda timeline? It is a pretty epic story.

The only new thing they can really do is motion control sword fighting, going by what you are saying. Which has been happening now for years. Wii Sports Resort has 1:1 sword fighting, and Sony's motion control already has a sword fighting demo. I don't really see how it will be innovative, if there is already a sword fighting game out using motion.

I get the feeling you are just trying to be contrary. Yes, Wii Sports has 1:1 sword fighting.. but imagine implementing this technology into a ZELDA game. Hell, if Sony released a game like Uncharted with 1:1 sword fighting, or motion controlled shooting, and did it WELL... I would really think that Nintendo had some serious competition in terms of the progression of gaming.

I know you don't feel like I have much of a basis for Zelda to be as kick ass as I am making it sound, but I am willing to bet you that Zelda will receive no less than a 97 metacritc AND gameranking score.

You know, we can have one of those VGC bets. I will put it in my sig. I don't know what the loser or winner usually gets, but I feel confident that Nintendo isn't going to let us down with this. I'll publicly humiliate myself or something, or get purposely banned or... put a Nintendo sucks banner in my sig.

miz1q2w3e said:

megaman.2. Why do you keep comparing Zelda to all your PS3 exclusives? as if that would make them better games? you're making bait threads just to hype up a couple of exclusives?

as i recall your other thread about "ico series" overtaking the Zelda series was locked for being a bait thread...

why do you keep passive-agressively try to scoff at the Zelda series? are you purposely trying to get people to hate/smear uncharted and Ico, cuz it's working... not to mention giving a bad name to Sony fans, with you being their "leader" and all.

EDIT: and you stop using that fake picture of Zelda "valley of the flood" in every Zelda mocking thread of yours, "valley of the flood" is not a real game, i think you're confused... there is official artwork of Zelda Wii, use it.

Let me address this!

First of all this thread is not compating Zelda to any ps3 exclusive merely analysing the fact that Zelda faces stiff competition this generation, this is not a bait thread merely a thread created for discussion. I dont need to hype up any exclusive every gamer knows how good Uncharted and Uncharted 2 no need for me to hype the game.

You do have a point that my other thread might have been a controversial thread but this one is not. Im not scoffing at the Zelda series not once have I said anything bad about the game you seem to mistake challenging a game's greatness with scoffing. Why would people want to hate uncharted/Ico because of this thread? Play the game make up your mind im pretty sure a thread wont make a gamer hate a game, if so he was never a gamer to begin with.

No im not the Sony leader nor am I giving sony fans a bad name, The leader things has been in the past for a long time now I suggest you catch up and stop living in the past. I post threads that generate great community discussions/participation how could I possibly give Sony fans a bad name, I obey the forum rules. I suggest you be more respectful to your fellow member.

The picture tends to come up when I type in Zelda Wii 2010 game, its just a pic not really a big deal.

I hope this helps. Mm2 out!

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

Joke thread?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Seriously, think of all the main Zeldas...Zelda for the NES, LTTP, OoT, TP...those were all amazing titles and they were the "main" zeldas for each gen...how could the wii let us down?