By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zelda Faces Stiff Competition This Generation!

The Zelda Franchise has been hailed as one if not the greatest adventure series of all time, but is that still the case VGchartz? Megaman.2. Investigates. This thread is based on the peformance of this gen, not looking at previous installment. The focus is on this Generation

This gen Zelda faces very stiff competition indeed, Uncharted series has been hailed as the greatest adventure series of all time. With Uncharted 2 being cited as one of the greatest games by gamers and critics alike. Uncharted 2 has raised considerably for all action/adventure games as Insomniac said it perfectly "Naughty Dog raised the game development bar with Uncharted 2". Uncharted Series is set to go from strength to strenght, yet this Generation there has been only one Zelda game which was port of a Gamecube game. With Naughty Dog able to release The Uncharted series on 2-year basis, one must wonder why there has been so little Zelda Wii this Gen.

With the release of the Last Guardian in 2010, Im not sure if you recall but I made a comparison thread not so long ago between Zelda and Team Ico Games. These games are always battling for the 'Title' of greatest adventure game, and this battle is sure to continue in 2010. Hopefully in 2010 we will see the release of the new Zelda game on the Wii console.

I just played 5 chapters of Uncharted 2 and let me tell you this game has raised to bar so high, its dangerous even to try and match what Naughty Dog have achieved. Truly a game on another level, however I hope the New ZeldaGame is a match for Uncharted 2. Whether that is the case only time will tell!

The Uncharted Series is currently the No1 Adventure Series of this Generation, No Doubt!

The Last Guardian (2010) set to continue the legacy set by Shadow of the Colussus and Ico!

New Zelda Wii Game (2010) set to reclaim its throne?

Has Miyamoto found his match in Naughty Dog?

Link is ready for the Batlle Ahead!

2010 will be battle ground for the greatest adventure series of this Gen and what is to follow, Link has been used to battle and we can be certain that he will not go into battle without being fully prepared. Thank you for listening

I must stress this thread is based on what happens this generation, please do not take into account previous installments.

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

zelda will never die!

Uncharted has no nostalgia factor, so Zelda games will always be better.

They aren't the same types of games. Zelda's the best gaming series anyway, imo.

Stiff competition? For what? Sales? Near impossible for Zelda to lose in that regard.

Around the Network

Uncharted graphics on a zelda game would be fap worthy.

Uncharted is nowhere near the same genre as Zelda. Both fantastic series' that I love, but it's like comparing Gears of War to Ratchet and Clank.

Now with the Ico series, you may have a point.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

the only way to beat zelda is to have a game with a hero named link and a princess named zelda... oops...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I can't say it feels very sensible to compare Uncharted and Zelda like that, they hardly seem like the same type of game, but ... Well, go ahead.

If a game is only good because of nostalgia, it isn't any good.