By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sees 1,700% increase in sales on amazon

From Gonintendo

Amazon must be very, very happy with the Wii. It's always been a big seller for them, and today they're seeing quite the surge. Thanks to the $50 price drop, Wii sales have rise 1,700% today alone. That has put the Wii right at the top of the video game charts.

Also worth noting, Amazon has dropped the price of some of their Wii games. You can now get ExciteBots: Trick Racing to $19.98, Wii Play to $39.98, a Wiimote for $33.98, and Wii Fit for $79.98. Those should go along nicely with your new Wii purchase!

Well, I'd say that's a pretty big sales impact, wouldn't you? Is this the reaction brick-and-mortar retailers are going to see as well?

link

Here

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

Around the Network

Since I live in Canada, killing seals is a national sport! LONG LIVE SEAL HUNTERS!

Teh baby seals!

As with the huge Amazon boost PS3 got this mean pretty much nothing or atleast not very much at all I think.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I don't understand the joke about the seals....

Around the Network

Please save those baby seals!!
The Wii doesn't need to be saved :)

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

. oops.

It's just that simple.

Keep_the_change said:
I don't understand the joke about the seals....

It's not a joke in the sense of something carrying inherent humour. It's an internet joke. In that even though it isn't actually funny in any way, chances are that if one nerd posts about it in a forum, another nerd will recognize the reference and feel a sense of belonging in a community of net nerds. 

As for what this specific act of nerd community acceptance seeking actually means... No idea.

Quite the spike. What I want to know is when Nintendo will reduce the cost of Wiimotes, as that is a large factor in the price of the console

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

ioi is on a roll today

mM