By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sees 1,700% increase in sales on amazon

Wow! so amazing 1700% in increase is amazing...Can't wait to see the numbers for first week but we have to wait so long because today is only monday so this thursday it will show week ending 26th september and so we have to wait another week for week ending oct 4th...damn vgchartz can you try and post the sales data for each week everytime earlier possibly like on tuesdays...

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
In other news: 1700% increase in people who have not played their wii for over an hour in a month.

I know and they keep buying games they don't play too.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Seals mistyped sales!?!?! Not sure I get the joke either... I must be an assle?!?!?!?

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

I think he mCarl2291 said:
Teh baby seals!

I think you mean sales not seals, the letter a came 1 too late while the letter e came 2 too early.  Oh and the letter l came 1 too late.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

^^^^ no i think he meant to say seals because so many other people said seals
i don't get the jooke either and ilive in canada

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
Wii_Master said:
^^^^ no i think he meant to say seals because so many other people said seals
i don't get the jooke either and ilive in canada

seals as in " he sealed the gaps so no draft can come" oh baby seals.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Everytime someone posts amazon as a sales source or to indicate something sells well, a baby seal is killed.

Kind of like, say, everytime you do _____ god kills a kitten.

ioi said:
These stats are so misleading - I wish people wouldn't quote Amazon hourly sales changes

Agreed. they don't use actual numbers of units sold.

Wii will also see a healthy bump in units sold overall, obviously.

And it IS about price, not just blue ocean, not primarily that people are rewarding Nintendo for supposedly having 'better' games...sales are in large part a function of price, because price is one major component of value.  And when PS3 came down into the near-Wii price range, well, Wii had to vacate if they wanted to maintain a strong 1st place position in home console sales.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Wii will also see a healthy bump in units sold overall, obviously.

And it IS about price, not just blue ocean, not primarily that people are rewarding Nintendo for supposedly having 'better' games...sales are in large part a function of price, because price is one major component of value.  And when PS3 came down into the near-Wii price range, well, Wii had to vacate if they wanted to maintain a strong 1st place position in home console sales.

Except that's not why Nintendo did the price cut, they did it because of their concerns about not meeting sales projections, not Sony, althought I think they could have met it without the price cut, but that's neither here nor there, look at PS3 sales, they are falling, even without the price cut Wii was around 180-190K a week, the PS3 would have fallen below that very soon, in fact it may have been around that level last week, we'll know when the numbers come in, no Nintendo was worried they wouldn't be able to move 26 million by march so that's why they price cut.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)