By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii sees 1,700% increase in sales on amazon

*crosses fingers* GO Wii!!!

Around the Network

amazon might not be credible, but that increase made me go WOWZOR

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I would lol so hard if Wii saw a 1700% increase in sales across the country, because Wii probably sells around 30K on a typical Sunday (I'm guessing Wii buyers are probably weekend buyers), which would mean that in one day, and in one territory, Wii would have almost equaled the sales of the Slim launch WW

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

wow, that's amazing, I hope it was it increased as much in other stores

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
alfredofroylan said:

Well just dropping this here:

I guess that's a record for a console. And BTW look at the poor Dreamcast ... :(

Cool chart. The GCN dropped its price the fastest.  But indeed the poor dreamcast just fell down in a slope.

Going by the data in that chart alone... we can only say that the Xbox and GC dropped price at the same time. (although the Xbox dropped 1/3rd off for it's first cut, while the GC only cut 1/4.... but you only mentioned "fastest")

Actually, as we can't see where the N64 first dropped that could also be on equal terms wit GC/XB (it's first price drop follows one of the first three lines betweeb $150 and $200 [GC/DC and PS1 lines])

Around the Network

The world hates Baby Seals!

Former something....

so a baby seel walks into a club...

In other news: 1700% increase in people who have not played their wii for over an hour in a month.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

Excellent chart. So the PS2 dropped its price TWICE in a shorter amount of time than the Wii dropped its price..quite interesting.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

.... i still don't get the baby seals joke , even after stof said.