By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most over rated games of the year candidates for 2009.

damkira said:
CGI-Quality said:
damkira said:
KillZone 2 tops the list of all time... I'd put Mad World up there too.. the sales did not live up to the hype at all, but at least Mad World wasn't seen as the second coming of christ, mohammed, buddha and confucious.

Have you played either game?

Second, how can sales determine hype? Wouldn't it be the other way around? What should the sales of either game have been for you to have been satisfied, even though it doesn't appear that you played either game...

I played Mad World... it was fun but very short... I never played KillZone 2.. not really my sort of game.. but when a game is hyped to that level and has mediocre sales then it is definitely over rated.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

RE5 for sure this year.

Madworld: the humour is great, but it it's just too short and repetitive

the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess: Although it had an awesome lord of the rings like presentation Ganon's death was just... wrong. Reviewers said this is better than Ocarina of Time, and it's not even close, at least not in terms of how the game is designed. TP's bosses were cooler looking, but way too easy. Tp's Item usage was just a joke compared to OoT. In TP a item litterarely was only used in the temple you got it, whereas in Ocarina of Time, there would always be a later use for any item, and puzzles in dungeons could use items from way back in the game. I guess what I'm trying to say is, good but an N64 game beats it.

Gran Turismo: People just keep praising how good of a racing game this is. But there is only one problem. There is no good racing game. Racing games suck (at least the realistic ones). (my opinoin, no need to get the pitchforks)

I LOVE ICELAND!

CGI-Quality said:
nen-suer said:
damkira said:
CGI-Quality said:
damkira said:
KillZone 2 tops the list of all time... I'd put Mad World up there too.. the sales did not live up to the hype at all, but at least Mad World wasn't seen as the second coming of christ, mohammed, buddha and confucious.

Have you played either game?

Second, how can sales determine hype? Wouldn't it be the other way around? What should the sales of either game have been for you to have been satisfied, even though it doesn't appear that you played either game...

I played Mad World... it was fun but very short... I never played KillZone 2.. not really my sort of game.. but when a game is hyped to that level and has mediocre sales then it is definitely over rated.

Good find....

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I agree with KZ2. The single player campaign was pretty dull and forgettable; the story wasn't good at all and neither were the characters. The multiplayer is good, though I did get bored with it pretty fast - just wasn't as addicting as Halo's. Once I got the general gold trophy, I stopped playing KZ2.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
yo_john117 said:

Lol, so pretty much every really good game that is coming out this year is overrated eh?

@ JEDE3--Halo Wars wasn't overrated.  It diddn't have too much hype nor did it get that great of review scores...

So you conveniently forget all the Halo Wars vs Kill zone 2 threads that pegged Halo Wars the bigger seller? You forget the "best rts of all times" threads? You forget the multimillion seller predictions because of the name Halo?

The threads went both ways-moot point.

And not alot of people said "best RTS of all time" (mayybe a couple but not alot)  Most said it would probably be the best Console RTS (and they were right)

If I remember right there were a good number of people that over-predicted, but thats nothing new, and doesn't mean a game is overrated.  Welcome to vgchartz cause this type of stuff happens to every good looking game...I guess that means every game is overrated...

If Halo Wars is overrated then Infamous is super overrated cause all that stuff happened to it too(even though I don't think its overrated)

Halo Wars got decent reviews, sold about what it should have.  So its not overrated.  Not in the least...

WAIT!!! NVM! it has to be Call of Duty MW, that game will be the most.

I want your PSN id and XBL gamer tag, there is no way you have a ps3 based on your post history.

mM
DaBuddahN said:
Slimebeast said:
I love numonex threads and posts (seriously).

"I do not accept these sales."

I die every time I read this quote in a thread.

"I do not accept these sales" - Best quote on VG ever.

Makes him lose 80% credibility on the spot. 

I agree, it's the best. A true gem.