By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most over rated games of the year candidates for 2009.

KillZone 2 tops the list of all time... I'd put Mad World up there too.. the sales did not live up to the hype at all, but at least Mad World wasn't seen as the second coming of christ, mohammed, buddha and confucious.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Lol, so pretty much every really good game that is coming out this year is overrated eh?

@ JEDE3--Halo Wars wasn't overrated.  It diddn't have too much hype nor did it get that great of review scores...

So you conveniently forget all the Halo Wars vs Kill zone 2 threads that pegged Halo Wars the bigger seller? You forget the "best rts of all times" threads? You forget the multimillion seller predictions because of the name Halo?

I think GOTY lists tend to be far too shooter heavy but yeah, Killzone 2 takes the cake here.

Also, numonex -- your descriptions are pretty poor.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Slimebeast said:
I love numonex threads and posts (seriously).

"I do not accept these sales."

I die every time I read this quote in a thread.

"I do not accept these sales" - Best quote on VG ever.

Makes him lose 80% credibility on the spot. 

1. How the hell is Killzone 2 overrated? Its campaign is better then most shooters out there and online is great.

2. Why do you have unreleased games like Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 up there? That's just stupid. Both those games will be awesome.

I think your confusing "overrated" with "overhyped". Because all the games you named were overhyped, few were overrated.

Around the Network

Re5 was overrated. Halo 3 : Odst , Modern Warfare 2, and Uncharted 2 will meet everybody's expectations. I expect those to be in 90 - 95 average rating. Just cause Killzone 2 didn't meet sales expectations, doesn't mean the game is bad.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

overrated?

hmm.....MW2 definetely will be

apart from that, nothing jumps out at me

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I can't see how Killzone 2 didn't meet everyone's expectations, it is actually labeled by many review sites as the best FPS this generation so far, more due to graphics than story obviously, but still. I think it's Halo, it did well in both sales and reviews and yet whenever I play the game i'm just so annoyed by the lack of innovation compared to the previous two. Halo is now a cow, it's gonna be milked dry.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I'll have to throw out my vote for KZ2. The biggest problem is that the game could never live up to the hype.

I know GG came out and talked about the controls and explained why they are sluggish, but the game still feels like the videocard can't keep up with the game. It honestly feels like some of my games on my old PC where I still needed to tweak the settings to get the game to play properly.

lol @ kz2 hate. OMFG the controls, the controls. Learn how to play. Most games take mastery to for one to become good. Not every game can be cod4 where you just pick up an m16 and kill people in one burst.

Numonex is right on one thing. For those with the ability to appreciate the game, kz2 is one of the best games on ps3 and the one that has given me the most value for my money. 29 days in MP and counting. It's not exactly something to be proud of but the game is just that good.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler