By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most over rated games of the year candidates for 2009.

outlawauron said:
Did you make this yourself, because some of the descriptions are downright hilarious!

lol, he's obviously never played killzone! "online team base style" wtf?

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Dinomax said:
Grooski said:
Can't disagree with you more....

KZ2 was an amazing game that had me playing MP for 4 months straight. The single player campaign admittedly wasn't as fleshed out as it could have been, but overall the package was downright amazing.

RE5 was one of the better coop games to come out this year. Ignoring the Sheva AI was your way of truly appreciating this gem of a game. I'm still playing through the pro run to get enough cash for the upgrades.

Halo ODST's sales figures have NOTHING to do with it being a good or bad game. Halo 3 was a lot of fun and I expect ODST to be stellar. The maps and open gameplay style alone is going to be drool worthy.

Uncharted 2? Seriously??? You're fucking kidding me.... The MP beta alone was excellent, as was the few minutes I spent on SP. Production values through the roof, unparalleled graphics and a drag-you-in storyline have this as top of my list this year.

Modern Warfare 2? Again WTF? This game builds on the best MP gameplay in any game ever from COD4. The only way they can fuck it up is if dancing leprechauns with missile launchers are in it - and then only just.

For mine there's only been 2 games that didn't hit the mark it was hyped to this year -

1. Prototype
2. The Conduit

Sure if we ignore the bad part of games every game is a gem!

Nope Resident Evil 5 was worst than 4 in literally everyway except for graphics.  Terrible controls, terrible A.I, terrible pacing, terribly racist.

Exactly the same with Street Fighter 4, terribly unbalanced, slower clunkier gameplay and the A.I was terrible again. 

Can't believe Capcom's best effort were on the Wii this year...

RE 5 had a great control system and there is no point in A.I because of the amazing co-op, plus the game takes place in AFRICA, its just like 4, you found pleanty of spanish people in SPAIN

Um what about people who dont play in co-op?  LOL SUCKS TO BE THEM M I RITE?  Theres no justification for bad AI. 

Great control system?  Do yourself a favour, stop playing metal gear or resident evil and play games with good controls.  People can move and shoot,  shocking I know.  Left trigger to aim, right trigger to fire, sounds foreign I know, but trust me it feels good.  Dead Space does this really well. In fact, Go play Dead Space.  Its awesome.

Also losing the suitcase and making item select in real time not conviant or fun.  

Yeah because resident evil 4 sure had a lot of spanish stereotypes in there game...oh wait.  You know that most african people dont dress up in war paint and bone necklaces in the secret forces do you?

You mean overhyped not overrated..

Why are unreleased games on that list?

Also, learn the difference between overrated and overhyped.

numonex said:

1. Killzone 2.

Reason: This game was over hyped but to me I returned it within 3 days having played the lack lustre campaign. The online team base style was not to my liking and I was bored very quickly with this game. The controls of this game are for an acquired taste. To the people who like it it is one of the best games on the PS3.

2. Resident Evil 5

Reason: Well it has received mixed reviews from media and gamers around the world. I did not have the time to play this game yet but the disappointment of GTA IV put me off this game.

3. Halo 3:ODST:

Reason: Another Halo game but will it live up to its sales expectations of the previous Halo games? The online modes are going to have to offer something different from Halo 3 to maintain people's interest.

4. Uncharted 2:

Reason: Rumoured to be The best game on the PS3 bar none according to some sources of the media. Generation leap upon Uncharted. Could it outsell Uncharted in sales or become a AAA game which Uncharted fell agonisingly short of?

5. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2:

Reason: It has to live up to the high expectations its predecessor Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare set back in 2007 being the 2007 Game of the Year. Anything short of being game of the year 2009 and not matching Call of Duty 4 in sales it would of fallen short of our lofty expectations.

A few others including (FFXIII, Assassins Creed 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3) could be added to the list but here are the 5 candidates. What is the most over rated game in 2009? Unreleased games for 2009 have been included due to them being among the 5  biggest console games of 2009. I may have to end up making a   top 10 list of the most over rated games in 2009 and see which game gets the title.

Popular big name titles exclusive or multiplatform titles may get high sales and get high reviews. To most they are loved by gamers but there are some haters to every big game.  The critics who regard some games as being over rated which are undeserving of their success. It is all a matter of opinion and taste. Halo 3, Gears of War, Final Fantasy VII, GTA IV, etc all have their fans and the haters.

2009 will need to be over before we know which game was the most over rated game for 2009.

Most over rated games of the previous three year winners are: 2008 = GTA IV, 2007 = Halo 3, 2006 = Gears of War.

Well, this is a load of crap. 60 percent of you list isnt out yet!

Uncharted 2 is DEFINITELY going to get at least 90 average on gamerankings (quote me). Made by a firm with no failures in the past so that is struck off  the list.

Modern warfare 2 will also DEFINETLY get 90 aveage on gamerankings (quote me again!), and i suspect will sell at least 3 million combined first week on pc/ps3/360.

Dunnno about halo, but i bet that too will bet good reviews

Same with re5.

The only one on your list thats not stupid is kz2. It wasnt terrible. It was just so average. a 7/10 for me, and i too sold it within a week.

Around the Network

That was one of the most unreasonable things Ive ever read in my life.
Anyway I found GTA IV to be the most overrated game this gen don't think it's 2009 though.

headshot91 said:
numonex said:

1. Killzone 2.

Reason: This game was over hyped but to me I returned it within 3 days having played the lack lustre campaign. The online team base style was not to my liking and I was bored very quickly with this game. The controls of this game are for an acquired taste. To the people who like it it is one of the best games on the PS3.

2. Resident Evil 5

Reason: Well it has received mixed reviews from media and gamers around the world. I did not have the time to play this game yet but the disappointment of GTA IV put me off this game.

Reason: Another Halo game but will it live up to its sales expectations of the previous Halo games? The online modes are going to have to offer something different from Halo 3 to maintain people's interest.

4. Uncharted 2:

Reason: Rumoured to be The best game on the PS3 bar none according to some sources of the media. Generation leap upon Uncharted. Could it outsell Uncharted in sales or become a AAA game which Uncharted fell agonisingly short of?

Reason: It has to live up to the high expectations its predecessor Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare set back in 2007 being the 2007 Game of the Year. Anything short of being game of the year 2009 and not matching Call of Duty 4 in sales it would of fallen short of our lofty expectations.

A few others including (FFXIII, Assassins Creed 2, Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3) could be added to the list but here are the 5 candidates. What is the most over rated game in 2009? Unreleased games for 2009 have been included due to them being among the 5  biggest console games of 2009. I may have to end up making a   top 10 list of the most over rated games in 2009 and see which game gets the title.

Popular big name titles exclusive or multiplatform titles may get high sales and get high reviews. To most they are loved by gamers but there are some haters to every big game.  The critics who regard some games as being over rated which are undeserving of their success. It is all a matter of opinion and taste. Halo 3, Gears of War, Final Fantasy VII, GTA IV, etc all have their fans and the haters.

2009 will need to be over before we know which game was the most over rated game for 2009.

Most over rated games of the previous three year winners are: 2008 = GTA IV, 2007 = Halo 3, 2006 = Gears of War.

Uncharted 2 is DEFINITELY going to get at least 90 average on gamerankings (quote me). Made by a firm with no failures in the past so that is struck off  the list.

Modern warfare 2 will also DEFINETLY get 90 aveage on gamerankings (quote me again!), and i suspect will sell at least 3 million combined first week on pc/ps3/360.

Same with re5.

The only one on your list thats not stupid is kz2. It wasnt terrible. It was just so average. a 7/10 for me, and i too sold it within a week.

That's his point. Even if the games are 85% games (theoretically speaking) we already know they'll get +90%, which is the definition of over-rated.
Read closely, his thread has the word 'over rated' in it, not 'over hyped', there's a HUGE difference.

Slimebeast said:
headshot91 said:
numonex said:

1. Killzone 2.

2. Resident Evil 5

4. Uncharted 2:

Same with re5.

That's his point. Even if the games are 85% games (theoretically speaking) we already know they'll get +90%, which is the definition of over-rated.
Read closely, his thread has the word 'over rated' in it, not 'over hyped', there's a HUGE difference.

No, you dont get my point. I mean that for example uncharted 2 and mw2 WILL get 90 percent plus ratings but will also actually be 90 percent plus games quality wise too. If youd've read the rest of my post i stated that i agreed with im saying kz2 was overrated. I mean an average of what? 92 percent for kz2, and i thought it was a 7.10, THATS overrated.

^ I stand corected.

Halo Reach
Resistance 3
The Agent
LBP 2
Zelda ( you choose)

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)