By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most over rated games of the year candidates for 2009.

I liked the controls of kz2. There's definately a bit of a learning curve there but the actual SP campaign was really dull. I can't comment on the multiplayer as I haven't played it much.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:
I liked the controls of kz2. There's definately a bit of a learning curve there but the actual SP campaign was really dull. I can't comment on the multiplayer as I haven't played it much.

You should play more MP. I was under the impression that most people bought FPS games for their MP. There's no way an FPS game can be worth $60 with the short campaigns they have nowadays. MP is the dealbreaker because chances are thats what you'll be playing for a while.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Most SP in FPS sucks...

CGI-Quality said:
Pristine20 said:

lol @ kz2 hate. OMFG the controls, the controls. Learn how to play. Most games take mastery to for one to become good. Not every game can be cod4 where you just pick up an m16 and kill people in one burst.

Numonex is right on one thing. For those with the ability to appreciate the game, kz2 is one of the best games on ps3 and the one that has given me the most value for my money. 29 days in MP and counting. It's not exactly something to be proud of but the game is just that good.

I'm glad someone agrees with me on it. Killzone 2 was definitely one of the top FPS games I've ever played and certainly one of the best PS3 games ever made. I truly liked the controls, the learning curve made it MORE interesting. To me, it wasn't your "typical FPS". THAT'S what stood out to me...

Part of the problem was that many people had thought the game to be cod4 with better graphics and a futuristic look (judging by comments on GT) but they were in for a surprise. KZ2 was KZ2 not COD4-2. Try visiting the official PS forums on kz2. The whining there is to the point where you just burst out laughing.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Every time I see this KZ2 hate, it's always the CONTROLS CONTROLS. STFU and explore the control scheme. It's mainly from COD players too. Maybe if you looked through the options and found Alternate 2, it's the COD 4 scheme.

KZ2 is definitely not over hyped, it's just that most people thought it was going to be a COD.

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Around the Network

This is a trap thread for the OP to earn more VG$$......

(quickly rolls d20 utilizing my find traps skill), succeeds, disarms, and moves along.

You can´t over rated games that are not been released.

CGI-Quality said:
damkira said:
KillZone 2 tops the list of all time... I'd put Mad World up there too.. the sales did not live up to the hype at all, but at least Mad World wasn't seen as the second coming of christ, mohammed, buddha and confucious.

Have you played either game?

Second, how can sales determine hype? Wouldn't it be the other way around? What should the sales of either game have been for you to have been satisfied, even though it doesn't appear that you played either game...

I played Mad World... it was fun but very short... I never played KillZone 2.. not really my sort of game.. but when a game is hyped to that level and has mediocre sales then it is definitely over rated.

over hyped means underwhelming sales
over rated means underwhelming quality

kz2 doesn't deserve either of those titles. It's 92 on metacritic like ~50reviews. If ~50 reviewers think the game is a 92, and you think it's a 70, wouldn't that mean you are under rating it?

Or is the review system broken? *rolls eyes*

CGI-Quality said:
damkira said:
CGI-Quality said:
damkira said:
KillZone 2 tops the list of all time... I'd put Mad World up there too.. the sales did not live up to the hype at all, but at least Mad World wasn't seen as the second coming of christ, mohammed, buddha and confucious.

Have you played either game?

Second, how can sales determine hype? Wouldn't it be the other way around? What should the sales of either game have been for you to have been satisfied, even though it doesn't appear that you played either game...

I played Mad World... it was fun but very short... I never played KillZone 2.. not really my sort of game.. but when a game is hyped to that level and has mediocre sales then it is definitely over rated.

Mediocre sales is your opinion though, not factual. And Killzone 2 didn't have all this hype in the real world that some people love to claim. That's been said so many times now.

You call 2mill sales mediocre...? It may be below people's expectations (that's gamers, not Sony, which inlcudes myself), but the sales were hardly mediocre.

Exactly. Many people say kz2 sales are mediocre and for other games, 500k is very good. I'm still waiting for these guys to give me a formula that measures 'hype' (another subjective term) and how much sales it should translate to so we can all be on the same page. Anything short of that is gibberish.