By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most over rated games of the year candidates for 2009.

Funny thing is that your list matches the most anticipated games of 2009 lists.

and yes, games that are not released yet are sure overated.

Around the Network

Can't disagree with you more....

KZ2 was an amazing game that had me playing MP for 4 months straight. The single player campaign admittedly wasn't as fleshed out as it could have been, but overall the package was downright amazing.

RE5 was one of the better coop games to come out this year. Ignoring the Sheva AI was your way of truly appreciating this gem of a game. I'm still playing through the pro run to get enough cash for the upgrades.

Halo ODST's sales figures have NOTHING to do with it being a good or bad game. Halo 3 was a lot of fun and I expect ODST to be stellar. The maps and open gameplay style alone is going to be drool worthy.

Uncharted 2? Seriously??? You're fucking kidding me.... The MP beta alone was excellent, as was the few minutes I spent on SP. Production values through the roof, unparalleled graphics and a drag-you-in storyline have this as top of my list this year.

Modern Warfare 2? Again WTF? This game builds on the best MP gameplay in any game ever from COD4. The only way they can fuck it up is if dancing leprechauns with missile launchers are in it - and then only just.

For mine there's only been 2 games that didn't hit the mark it was hyped to this year -

1. Prototype
2. The Conduit

Grooski said:

KZ2 was an amazing game that had me playing MP for 4 months straight. The single player campaign admittedly wasn't as fleshed out as it could have been, but overall the package was downright amazing.

RE5 was one of the better coop games to come out this year. Ignoring the Sheva AI was your way of truly appreciating this gem of a game. I'm still playing through the pro run to get enough cash for the upgrades.

Halo ODST's sales figures have NOTHING to do with it being a good or bad game. Halo 3 was a lot of fun and I expect ODST to be stellar. The maps and open gameplay style alone is going to be drool worthy.

Uncharted 2? Seriously??? You're fucking kidding me.... The MP beta alone was excellent, as was the few minutes I spent on SP. Production values through the roof, unparalleled graphics and a drag-you-in storyline have this as top of my list this year.

Modern Warfare 2? Again WTF? This game builds on the best MP gameplay in any game ever from COD4. The only way they can fuck it up is if dancing leprechauns with missile launchers are in it - and then only just.

For mine there's only been 2 games that didn't hit the mark it was hyped to this year -

1. Prototype
2. The Conduit

Sure if we ignore the bad part of games every game is a gem!

Nope Resident Evil 5 was worst than 4 in literally everyway except for graphics.  Terrible controls, terrible A.I, terrible pacing, terribly racist.

Exactly the same with Street Fighter 4, terribly unbalanced, slower clunkier gameplay and the A.I was terrible again. 

Can't believe Capcom's best effort were on the Wii this year...

Dinomax said:
Grooski said:

1. Prototype
2. The Conduit

Sure if we ignore the bad part of games every game is a gem!

Nope Resident Evil 5 was worst than 4 in literally everyway except for graphics.  Terrible controls, terrible A.I, terrible pacing, terribly racist.

Exactly the same with Street Fighter 4, terribly unbalanced, slower clunkier gameplay and the A.I was terrible again. 

Can't believe Capcom's best effort were on the Wii this year...

RE 5 had a great control system and there is no point in A.I because of the amazing co-op, plus the game takes place in AFRICA, its just like 4, you found pleanty of spanish people in SPAIN

I love numonex threads and posts (seriously).

"I do not accept these sales."

Around the Network

prototype was def overrated

OH and whoever says killzone was boring obviously needs to open their eyes a little more, cuz they are just being ignorant

people still whine about kz2 controls = noobs.
it just doens't have autoaim other casualz fps like cod.

@slimebeast

AHAHAHAHHA that's the quote of this gen....it's so just hard to forget about.

Batman AA. Not a bad game, but way over rated. I enjoyed (and replayed) some of the Snes Batman games much more.
Also RE 5 is not really over rated. It is a shitty game. the lowest point in RE series.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I won't really comment on unreleased games since we don't know how overrated they are but I'll say:

Killzone 2
Resident Evil 5
Spore (probably most overrated game this year)
Little Big Planet