By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

Source: www.gamezine.co.uk

Microsoft has announced that the Xbox 360's Facebook and Twitter integration will only be available to Gold members.

Hidden in the depths of Microsoft's announcement of an Xbox 360 Elite price cut, we've found some news that we weren't quite expecting.

Although the company revealed that access to Last-fm would require a Gold Xbox LIVE membership, there was no mention of the free Facebook and Twitter services.

However, it now looks like you'll also have to be a paying subscriber for these two social networking websites:

"Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," Microsoft's press release reads.

The social networking additions will arrive this autumn, and though their integration into the Xbox 360's dashboard is impressive, should free websites be limited to paying subscribers?

Around the Network

wow just wow

"The social networking additions will arrive this autumn, and though their integration into the Xbox 360's dashboard is impressive, should free websites be limited to paying subscribers?"

Mhm!

i don see a problem with it, microsoft has to foot the bill for it some way, and rolling it into your already paid service makes since

if anything this is even more justification to give up a couple of beers a month for live fees

why is this surprising, they want you to buy the gold membership, and if you pay attention, you can get it for a year at 29 bucks, i watch newegg and sag some every year at that price. though i guess most people will think im crazy for being a member since launch, but i enjoy it, and actually have three people on my buddy list ive played since launch year

ill go so far to say id be surprised if it was a silver members benefit

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

post deleted

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Source: www.gamezine.co.uk

Microsoft has announced that the Xbox 360's Facebook and Twitter integration will only be available to Gold members.

Hidden in the depths of Microsoft's announcement of an Xbox 360 Elite price cut, we've found some news that we weren't quite expecting.

Although the company revealed that access to Last-fm would require a Gold Xbox LIVE membership, there was no mention of the free Facebook and Twitter services.

However, it now looks like you'll also have to be a paying subscriber for these two social networking websites:

"Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," Microsoft's press release reads.

The social networking additions will arrive this autumn, and though their integration into the Xbox 360's dashboard is impressive, should free websites be limited to paying subscribers?

Do you own an Xbox 360?

Seems fair enough, no matter how much I would like it to be free...

^agreed, i mean your paying to use their service, not to use facebook

there is a reason Microsoft live is the best online right now...and its not b/c its a free service

Expected.