By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

why not complain that Verizon is making you pay a fee to use face book when you do it from a pc?

Around the Network

This is not surprising. Obviously MS is doing whatever it can to make a Gold account even more desirable.

MS being very clever, just another thing to tempt people to get gold.

I get that they need to up the value of being a Gold Member, but imo the Multiplayer feature Gold members access is as strong of a value as it gets. Also Netflix, but thats only in the US.

But is this really something that would push people over the edge to purchase Gold?

I just cant see it being the difference maker.

This is about as shocking as the sun coming up in the morning.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

SHAME M$ SHAME!

Wait...I am a gold member. And I fucking hate facebook/twitter...

Why am I posting here?

Isn't one of the main features of the Facebook/Twitter integration uploading screencaps and scores from online play? That means you'd need a Gold account anyway.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

sguy78 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Source: www.gamezine.co.uk

Microsoft has announced that the Xbox 360's Facebook and Twitter integration will only be available to Gold members.

Hidden in the depths of Microsoft's announcement of an Xbox 360 Elite price cut, we've found some news that we weren't quite expecting.

Although the company revealed that access to Last-fm would require a Gold Xbox LIVE membership, there was no mention of the free Facebook and Twitter services.

However, it now looks like you'll also have to be a paying subscriber for these two social networking websites:

"Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," Microsoft's press release reads.

The social networking additions will arrive this autumn, and though their integration into the Xbox 360's dashboard is impressive, should free websites be limited to paying subscribers?

Do you own an Xbox 360?

No, why? but planning on buying it on the near future.

^then here is an even sweeter reason to get a gold member ship

This is one reason why i hate XBLA