By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

toadslayer72 said:
My response is nice usage of my sig.

Around the Network

that's why the 360 sucks cause of the whole subscription fee and additional accessories we have to pay for.PS3 has it all packed it from the starting

Zizzla_Rachet said:
Munkeh111 said:
yo_john117 said:
hardyhar said:

I fork out money for Live because it has cross-game chat, a proper invites/join system PS3 does only have this on a game by game basis, a party mode for up to 8 players, demos of every downloadable game, most demos of boxed games before PSN does (in some cases, PSN doesn't get them at all) very rare, sometimes PS3 gets them first as well, cheaper DLC a lot of the time No, just no, maybe by a few pence, but nothing significant In NA they are always more expensive.. Okay, let's just look at the recent TFU DLC, it was 800 ms points which is $10 or it was $10 via the PSN, obviously far more expensive, and let's not even get into the MS points thing, free game videos/shows I can watch via Inside Xbox useless For you maybe...Or is paying 25 dollars a year for Qoure which only has 13 episodes more useful? Inside Xbox updates weekly and you can watch the back catalouge..I believe even XBL Silver has this...+1 XbL Quore is entirely optional, and you got a free game with subscription, and quore is an entirely different beast I have watched 1 episode of both, and the Quore was far more exciting. Quore normally has like 5 different videos  so the free one I saw (I can't get it in the UK) showed several different things about inFamous as well as some stuff about other games, it really is quite good, but pretty pointless on the whole, voice messaging, a proper reputation system so I can easily ignore retards basically everyone has 5 stars it means nearly nothing Nope..So wrong... Now first of all, when you are playing you can't see the reputation, and every single time I have decided to leave feedback on a player they have had 5* and I have played 40 hours on GeoW 2 and probably a similar amount on Halo Wars without seeing someone without 5 stars, 6 different communication channels that I can switch between whenever I like, 1 Vs. 100 with real prizes and so on. It's 50 pence a week mate, about the same as a small bar of chocolate actually most bars of chocolate are like 50p Get dunked on by Patrick Chewing. Later this year/early next year I will get Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, Sky TV not free with gold You can't spin this one..But good try well I can get freeview through Play TV or I can pay extra for Sky TV which doesn't include HD services he is also trying to justify why Xbox Live is better and Sky TV is a premium above Gold, Zune Video Marketplace and instant play 1080p streaming movies too are the movies coming to the UK as well? That would be good I hear there is a Sky deal in the works...so the ball is in Sky's court as I just said, Sky won't be HD. What features will I get in the next PS3 update? Animated themes and a redesigned friends list? lol. Well and a video store (though that is coming later), and improved trophy functionality, but we can ignore that. We can also ignore the vidzone expansion if you want? VidZone is mostly Sony Artist...You think Sony's rivals are going to take that lying down? And The Zune MP,which is the Video Market Place right now..is practically the same thing..with very well priced content..So it's basically the same thing..Vidzone is entirely free, and is not just Sony artists, and there are plenty of Sony artists. Besides, the greatest music video ever, Thriller, is owned by Sony

Everyone has a PC, so if you're going to argue that Facebook, Twitter etc. on the 360 is useless because you can do it for free on the PS3, I'd say that's useless as I can do it for free on my PC, and I can use a proper web browser to do it. The difference is, the 360 features will be integrated into the dashboard, so it offers a different experience to using a web browser and therefore it's attractive for different reasons. The PS3 does an inferior job to a PC and that's it. But what is the point of having them on your console in the first place when the PC is clearly going to offer the best version The PC is not going to offer the best version...Since I can use FaceBook or twitter while on XBL Party Chat and get proper game invites and all that other stuff I pay for...The key is intergration..Geddit? No, the key is that I am playing a game on my Xbox, why I just be sitting around twittering on my Xbox, and application that clearly cannot be done while I am playing my game, unless I have my laptop

Well said sir!

Except half of it is not true...

But yes XBL probably offers loads of extra stuff

Can't wait for your response

Happy now?

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Source: www.gamezine.co.uk

Microsoft has announced that the Xbox 360's Facebook and Twitter integration will only be available to Gold members.

Hidden in the depths of Microsoft's announcement of an Xbox 360 Elite price cut, we've found some news that we weren't quite expecting.

Although the company revealed that access to Last-fm would require a Gold Xbox LIVE membership, there was no mention of the free Facebook and Twitter services.

However, it now looks like you'll also have to be a paying subscriber for these two social networking websites:

"Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," Microsoft's press release reads.

The social networking additions will arrive this autumn, and though their integration into the Xbox 360's dashboard is impressive, should free websites be limited to paying subscribers?

Old news old? I thought we knew this when it was announced?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Solid_Snake4RD said:
that's why the 360 sucks cause of the whole subscription fee and additional accessories we have to pay for.PS3 has it all packed it from the starting

How much does a PS3 headset cost again ? You know ? That little thing that 99% of the online players don't have on PSN ?

Aaaah yes... 45 euros ! But they don't need it because they are playing on wifi... they don't want to ruin their bandwith...

(Yes I'm sarcastic...).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

How much does a PS3 headset cost again ? You know ? That little thing that 99% of the online players don't have on PSN ?

Aaaah yes... 45 euros ! But they don't need it because they are playing on wifi... they don't want to ruin their bandwith...

(Yes I'm sarcastic...).

yeah i hope you are, because u can use any usb headset or cheap blu ray head set.

they can go slow 5$ or 20$ for bluetooth ones.

Twitter is a complete waste of time.

Xoj said:
Sardauk said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

(Yes I'm sarcastic...).

yeah i hope you are, because u can use any usb headset or cheap blu ray head set.

they can go slow 5$ or 20$ for bluetooth ones.

Yeah and you can also buy a cheap wireless bridge for Wifi.  The arguments are getting old already

Why wouldn't you have Gold already? It's boring with Silver account.