By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
mesoteto said:
^agreed, i mean your paying to use their service, not to use facebook

there is a reason Microsoft live is the best online right now...and its not b/c its a free service

erm, you don't use Live to access facebook but your own internet.

ps3 have access to the full version with browser. for free.

So how do you take a screenshot in a game and post it to your Facebook page on the PS3? It's all very well saying "the PS3 has a browser", but it's a separate application that you have to fire up. If I need to use a browser, I walk into the next room where my PC is located and use a proper browser. I only fired up the browser on the PS3 once, and that was just to see what it's like.

there is a screencap feature in the ps3.

you are missing alot, hulu and youtube on the ps3 in a HD TV it's awesome.

How do you post a screenshot direct to your Facebook page from within the game? You can't. Hulu blocked access via the PS3's web browser. YouTube content on a HDTV is awesome? No.

Besides, you can do that stuff on a 360 anyway........

If you have a PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Moxi HD DVR, NETGEAR ITV2000, HP MediaSmart TV, or other DLNA-compliant device, PlayOn lets you watch Netflix, Hulu, CBS, YouTube, CNN, ESPN and more on your TV.

I have a PS3, so don't try and kid me that the browser is great. It's not.

it does the job, and you don't have to pay for it. and live you do, you use your own internet, and screencap something that even windows 95 have doesn't sound like good reason to fork money.

facebook still facebook, you chat, post and see what your friends are doing, period.

Around the Network

Well.. lets wait for the official word then. No point in arguing over the price, if there might not even be a price. I posted the update two post behind this one.

I fork out money for Live because it has cross-game chat, a proper invites/join system, a party mode for up to 8 players, demos of every downloadable game, most demos of boxed games before PSN does (in some cases, PSN doesn't get them at all), cheaper DLC a lot of the time, free game videos/shows I can watch via Inside Xbox, voice messaging, a proper reputation system so I can easily ignore retards, 6 different communication channels that I can switch between whenever I like, 1 Vs. 100 with real prizes and so on. It's 50 pence a week mate, about the same as a small bar of chocolate. Later this year/early next year I will get Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, Sky TV, Zune Video Marketplace and instant play 1080p streaming movies too. What features will I get in the next PS3 update? Animated themes and a redesigned friends list? lol.

Everyone has a PC, so if you're going to argue that Facebook, Twitter etc. on the 360 is useless because you can do it for free on the PS3, I'd say that's useless as I can do it for free on my PC, and I can use a proper web browser to do it. The difference is, the 360 features will be integrated into the dashboard, so it offers a different experience to using a web browser and therefore it's attractive for different reasons. The PS3 does an inferior job to a PC and that's it.

MAFKKA said:
Well.. lets wait for the official word then. No point in arguing over the price, if there might not even be a price. I posted the update two post behind this one.

I agree, I posted the same thing many posts before you as well.

Skeeuk said:
sguy78 said:
I hope Twitter dies a quick death.

i know, its a pathetic fad thats just popped in fashion.

I'm just so sick of hearing about it everywhere. Only arrogant putzes feel the need to tell people what they are doing every five minutes.

Around the Network

I do believe that if Microsoft market these new social features correctly they will do very well. Marketing them correctly does not mean limiting to Gold though even though this is probably still the most likely course of action.

Assuming for a second they allow access to Silver members then obviously some of the gaming functions may be limited but I guess they may still have access to screenshots of local games and single players.

The true genius is the integration all this talk about having a browser rathers misses the point. A lot of things are often available for free or via another method but the one that invariable wins out is the one with the simplest and easiest to use interface. If these social apps are embedded into the 360 in the same way we have seen with Netflix then they will be used and used to a greater degree than anybody using a PS3 browser.

I can gain access to twitter on my mobile phone but it does not mean that I am going to use it. Integrate it into the functions of the phone and you may find it actually gets used.

I think we probably all need to wait and see what MS do with the final product but get this right and they will do well, get it wrong and I guess it just will not get used much and they will lose some money.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
welshbloke said:

The true genius is the integration all this talk about having a browser rathers misses the point. A lot of things are often available for free or via another method but the one that invariable wins out is the one with the simplest and easiest to use interface. If these social apps are embedded into the 360 in the same way we have seen with Netflix then they will be used and used to a greater degree than anybody using a PS3 browser.

It's not really hard to type facebook.com into the PS3 browser >.<

Akvod said:
welshbloke said:

It's not really hard to type facebook.com into the PS3 browser >.<

it's pretty easy to do it in my Windows Media Center Extender browser that I can download for free

^ but it is obviously hard to grasp the concept of integration.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Why are PS3 only owners even posting in here?

Xoj particularly, I challenge you to make one single positive statement about anything "Xbox 360" without then clouding it with a negative.

Honestly dude you're hilarious.

I'll tick off a few of you fanboys by saying that the only reason you can't understand the benefits of this new INTEGRATED experience that MS will be providing is because everything on the XMB is so poorly done and badly integrated that you just don't understand what it means.

You guys don't even have cross game chat!

No wonder it just goes over your narrow minded little heads ;)

I'll be banned now...great! Stupid little people arguing stupid little points.