By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

welshbloke said:
^ but it is obviously hard to grasp the concept of integration.

It's pointless to argue over it... I was simply countering the browser crap... in fact if I'm not mistaken the MCE Browser is a full featured browser.  I would be surprised if someone hasn't done a FF version yet.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
sguy78 said:
I hope Twitter dies a quick death.

i know, its a pathetic fad thats just popped in fashion.

Tell that to the people in Iran.

They need to justify the Gold membership somehow.

Sorry to ask, but why cant use the browser go to facebook?

Is this a special facebook for x360?

^yeah its supposed to be able to add things like screen shots...i think

Around the Network
Cthulhu said:
Sorry to ask, but why cant use the browser go to facebook?

Is this a special facebook for x360?

Yeah it's some integrated facebook interface that allows you to autoupload screenshots to facebook, tie facebook to you Xbox friends list, and do a bunch of other stuff like that.

Snesboy said:
They need to justify the Gold membership somehow.

Besides the rest of the things that make Xbox Live Gold an amazing online service? Yup, Facebook and Twitter will be the things to do it.

*Rolls eyes*

well,

it is a marketing operation to get more casual on the 360 boat

to bad people dont realize they are paying more to get something quite similar to what they could have for free

Time to Work !

Having integrated applications to readily available web sites is nothing new. There are several apps on the iPhone that do things with Twitter. Yet the iPhone also has a browser. Sometimes you can do things differently than what is already offered on the website. In this case, it tailors it to a console. Not saying this will be my cup of tea, but I can see why they would do it.

They are also adding an app store to Zune Marketplace so expect things of this nature to start popping up there as well. Perhaps the Zune Twitter and Facebook apps will integrate with the 360 one.

Foibbles said:
Xoj particularly, I challenge you to make one single positive statement about anything "Xbox 360" without then clouding it with a negative.

"Xbox 360 is almost like a PS3!"