By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

bigdom2786 said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
mesoteto said:
^agreed, i mean your paying to use their service, not to use facebook

there is a reason Microsoft live is the best online right now...and its not b/c its a free service

erm, you don't use Live to access facebook but your own internet.

ps3 have access to the full version with browser. for free.

So how do you take a screenshot in a game and post it to your Facebook page on the PS3? It's all very well saying "the PS3 has a browser", but it's a separate application that you have to fire up. If I need to use a browser, I walk into the next room where my PC is located and use a proper browser. I only fired up the browser on the PS3 once, and that was just to see what it's like.

there is a screencap feature in the ps3.

you are missing alot, hulu and youtube on the ps3 in a HD TV it's awesome.

How do you post a screenshot direct to your Facebook page from within the game? You can't. Hulu blocked access via the PS3's web browser. YouTube content on a HDTV is awesome? No.

Besides, you can do that stuff on a 360 anyway........

If you have a PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Moxi HD DVR, NETGEAR ITV2000, HP MediaSmart TV, or other DLNA-compliant device, PlayOn lets you watch Netflix, Hulu, CBS, YouTube, CNN, ESPN and more on your TV.

I have a PS3, so don't try and kid me that the browser is great. It's not.

it does the job, and you don't have to pay for it. and live you do, you use your own internet, and screencap something that even windows 95 have doesn't sound like good reason to fork money.

facebook still facebook, you chat, post and see what your friends are doing, period.

let me know when my ps3 play youtube hd videos instead that slow crappy youtube XL. You what you pay for right?

Frankly, All this internet crap I can do on my computer....it's useless unless either of my system is trying to be a computer....which the ps3 was trying to be before the slim.

it support full youtube, it have flash 9 too, you don't have to use youtube XL.

even wii support the youtube XL. just not HD video

Around the Network
Xoj said:
bigdom2786 said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
mesoteto said:

there is a reason Microsoft live is the best online right now...and its not b/c its a free service

So how do you take a screenshot in a game and post it to your Facebook page on the PS3? It's all very well saying "the PS3 has a browser", but it's a separate application that you have to fire up. If I need to use a browser, I walk into the next room where my PC is located and use a proper browser. I only fired up the browser on the PS3 once, and that was just to see what it's like.

How do you post a screenshot direct to your Facebook page from within the game? You can't. Hulu blocked access via the PS3's web browser. YouTube content on a HDTV is awesome? No.

If you have a PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Moxi HD DVR, NETGEAR ITV2000, HP MediaSmart TV, or other DLNA-compliant device, PlayOn lets you watch Netflix, Hulu, CBS, YouTube, CNN, ESPN and more on your TV.

it does the job, and you don't have to pay for it. and live you do, you use your own internet, and screencap something that even windows 95 have doesn't sound like good reason to fork money.

facebook still facebook, you chat, post and see what your friends are doing, period.

let me know when my ps3 play youtube hd videos instead that slow crappy youtube XL. You what you pay for right?

Frankly, All this internet crap I can do on my computer....it's useless unless either of my system is trying to be a computer....which the ps3 was trying to be before the slim.

Why the hell are you in here trolling?.Hulu has blocked PS3 for a while now.....What does this have to do with the PS3?....Your Ps3 does not have this..that's it...stop trying to spin a web browser into this...this is an intergration....not just acess through your internet...oh and by the way when this goes Live...it won't be the way you think it's going to be...

So if your FaceBook page looks like this on your PS3 browser.....

MontanaHatchet said:
You can get a year of Gold for the price of a standard Wii game. I mean, seriously. I can't even count how many PS3 or Wii fans I've seen with dozens of games (many of them awful) complaining about paying $50 a year for Xbox Live Gold. You can definitely afford it, quit your belly aching.

That said, this feature is pointless.

So is putting your gamercard on facebook...But Xbox 360 get's it's own page in your profile...so people can see your avatar and what games you been playing...gamerscore and so on..It's pointless...but me and my real life friends with Xbox 260 and XBL Gold do it anyway...and we are very exited that face book intergration is coming to 360...as I'm sure many people are aswell...even twitter...imagine playing a game..and getting the latest tweet from a official game company/dev about upcoming things...just this time all you need to do is puase your game to get in the know...Not saying this is how it's going to work...but does it sound impossible...?

Xoj said:
bigdom2786 said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
hardyhar said:
Xoj said:
mesoteto said:

and it is free

Time to Work !

yo_john117 said:
hardyhar said:

I fork out money for Live because it has cross-game chat, a proper invites/join system PS3 does only have this on a game by game basis, a party mode for up to 8 players, demos of every downloadable game, most demos of boxed games before PSN does (in some cases, PSN doesn't get them at all) very rare, sometimes PS3 gets them first as well, cheaper DLC a lot of the time No, just no, maybe by a few pence, but nothing significant, free game videos/shows I can watch via Inside Xbox useless, voice messaging, a proper reputation system so I can easily ignore retards basically everyone has 5 stars it means nearly nothing, 6 different communication channels that I can switch between whenever I like, 1 Vs. 100 with real prizes and so on. It's 50 pence a week mate, about the same as a small bar of chocolate actually most bars of chocolate are like 50p. Later this year/early next year I will get Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, Sky TV not free with gold, Zune Video Marketplace and instant play 1080p streaming movies too are the movies coming to the UK as well? That would be good. What features will I get in the next PS3 update? Animated themes and a redesigned friends list? lol. Well and a video store (though that is coming later), and improved trophy functionality, but we can ignore that. We can also ignore the vidzone expansion if you want?

Everyone has a PC, so if you're going to argue that Facebook, Twitter etc. on the 360 is useless because you can do it for free on the PS3, I'd say that's useless as I can do it for free on my PC, and I can use a proper web browser to do it. The difference is, the 360 features will be integrated into the dashboard, so it offers a different experience to using a web browser and therefore it's attractive for different reasons. The PS3 does an inferior job to a PC and that's it. But what is the point of having them on your console in the first place when the PC is clearly going to offer the best version

Well said sir!

Except half of it is not true...

But yes XBL probably offers loads of extra stuff

Around the Network

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/28/confirmed-facebook-and-twitter-free-trial-period-for-360-silver-members/

Confirmed: Facebook and Twitter “free trial period” for 360 Silver members

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Munkeh111 said:
yo_john117 said:
hardyhar said:

I fork out money for Live because it has cross-game chat, a proper invites/join system PS3 does only have this on a game by game basis, a party mode for up to 8 players, demos of every downloadable game, most demos of boxed games before PSN does (in some cases, PSN doesn't get them at all) very rare, sometimes PS3 gets them first as well, cheaper DLC a lot of the time No, just no, maybe by a few pence, but nothing significant In NA they are always more expensive.., free game videos/shows I can watch via Inside Xbox useless For you maybe...Or is paying 25 dollars a year for Qoure which only has 13 episodes more useful? Inside Xbox updates weekly and you can watch the back catalouge..I believe even XBL Silver has this...+1 XbL, voice messaging, a proper reputation system so I can easily ignore retards basically everyone has 5 stars it means nearly nothing Nope..So wrong..., 6 different communication channels that I can switch between whenever I like, 1 Vs. 100 with real prizes and so on. It's 50 pence a week mate, about the same as a small bar of chocolate actually most bars of chocolate are like 50p Get dunked on by Patrick Chewing. Later this year/early next year I will get Facebook, Twitter, Last.fm, Sky TV not free with gold You can't spin this one..But good try, Zune Video Marketplace and instant play 1080p streaming movies too are the movies coming to the UK as well? That would be good I hear there is a Sky deal in the works...so the ball is in Sky's court. What features will I get in the next PS3 update? Animated themes and a redesigned friends list? lol. Well and a video store (though that is coming later), and improved trophy functionality, but we can ignore that. We can also ignore the vidzone expansion if you want? VidZone is mostly Sony Artist...You think Sony's rivals are going to take that lying down? And The Zune MP,which is the Video Market Place right now..is practically the same thing..with very well priced content..So it's basically the same thing..

Everyone has a PC, so if you're going to argue that Facebook, Twitter etc. on the 360 is useless because you can do it for free on the PS3, I'd say that's useless as I can do it for free on my PC, and I can use a proper web browser to do it. The difference is, the 360 features will be integrated into the dashboard, so it offers a different experience to using a web browser and therefore it's attractive for different reasons. The PS3 does an inferior job to a PC and that's it. But what is the point of having them on your console in the first place when the PC is clearly going to offer the best version The PC is not going to offer the best version...Since I can use FaceBook or twitter while on XBL Party Chat and get proper game invites and all that other stuff I pay for...The key is intergration..Geddit?

Well said sir!

Except half of it is not true...

But yes XBL probably offers loads of extra stuff

Can't wait for your response

My response is nice usage of my sig.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

So what if you have to pay. If you have an Xbox and broadband you should have a gold account anyways. Heck! I have dial-up and I still have a Gold account

dsister44 said:
So what if you have to pay. If you have an Xbox and broadband you should have a gold account anyways. Heck! I have dial-up and I still have a Gold account

Lol, I had Gold a year before I got internet...and it was still worth it!