By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360's Facebook and Twitter only for Gold members

Not sure about Facebook... I don't want people to see how many time I spend playing... hum.
Twitter is ok, I like checking the one of Felicia Day, Penny Arcade or Major Nelson sometimes...but I don't have a personal one.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
SmYsiZ said:
This is one reason why i hate XBLA

How does the arcade have anything to do with this?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Silver members will be no worse off than they were. Gold members now get some extra features thrown in. What's the big deal? I guess it's a big deal if you don't own an Xbox 360 and you have Playstation-related stuff in your sig, but I doubt a huge number of people who actually own a 360 care that much.

Good

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I was expecting this and I could give a fuck less about facebook/twitter. Bring on the LastFM though.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

I expected this and have no problem with it, more features for us gold members!

I don't see any problem with this. Actually MS should have charged more as it seems so many are willing to pay for a service that is free on any computer or mobile phone.

I don't have an x360 but if I did I really don't see how this will temp me into getting a gold membership.

MS should do more of this kind of stuff and double the gold subscription price.

I think this is bad, since I felt that the Twitter and Facebook integration catered more to "casuals" and those who want to use their Xbox as a media device.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
sguy78 said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Source: www.gamezine.co.uk

Microsoft has announced that the Xbox 360's Facebook and Twitter integration will only be available to Gold members.

Hidden in the depths of Microsoft's announcement of an Xbox 360 Elite price cut, we've found some news that we weren't quite expecting.

Although the company revealed that access to Last-fm would require a Gold Xbox LIVE membership, there was no mention of the free Facebook and Twitter services.

However, it now looks like you'll also have to be a paying subscriber for these two social networking websites:

"Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be required for Twitter and Facebook when they are available, and is required for Netflix. Games, media content and Netflix membership are sold separately; a hard drive is required for storage," Microsoft's press release reads.

The social networking additions will arrive this autumn, and though their integration into the Xbox 360's dashboard is impressive, should free websites be limited to paying subscribers?

Do you own an Xbox 360?

No, why? but planning on buying it on the near future.

I'm just wondering why you are complaining about features on Xbox Live when you don't own an Xbox 360, yet own a PS3.

I would be suprised if it was anything else, but then I am a Gold member. Clearly this is a classic Free versus Paid but as I have said all along this is NOT the facebook you get when you visit the Website this is a fully integrated facebook.

Personally I think it would be good to have extended the social stuff to Silver members as it would potentially of been a bigger draw. After all the Gold members already subsidise the silver membership and I would of been happy to subsidise this as well.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.