By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Launches £82m Ad Push for PlayStation 3 Across Europe

Sardauk said:
Carl2291 said:
Sardauk said:
tedsteriscool said:
o.o

£82 million is a lot...

o.o

How do you know ?

Because its 82 million pounds?

Are you sane?

I know you like to be a bit agressive with other...

My question is (read above) : Is it big for a huge corporation like Sony to investe 82mil in marketing ?

Simple no ? Do we have past figures of former marketing campaigns ?

IMO it is quite standard... nothing extraordinary here..

Ratchet and Clank: Tools Of Destruction and Uncharted: Drakes Fortune both had a £1m advertising budget in the UK.

Sony spent £4m in a marketing campaign in the first quarter of 2009 (of which £2m was spent on KZ2 alone.)

Nintendo spent $200 million (£122m by todays exchange rate) advertising the Wii within it's first year.

Those were the only ones I could easily find on Google. It would appear as though £82m is quite a significant amount.

Around the Network

well i can c y. 8 - 20 million IS NOT ENOUGH sonys advertising used to suck i hope they finnaly realized this

Sony spent $100m advertising FFVII, Tekken 2, MGS and a few other games in 1997.

£82m is a lot of money for the whole of Europe. But £6m seems a bit low for the UK. The UK is about 25% of the European market, it should be getting £15-20m of the £82m.

Wait... 82m pounds???? Is there some sort of mix up?? Are they sure it's not worldwide?!

4 ≈ One

The ads are boring, but I suppose they're just trying to be mainstream.

Big figure.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

A little to late?

Or just on time?

Either way its better than never.

Both.

Too late, as it should have happened on launch.

Just on time, for the Slim.

www.start-ps3.com is the link from the search, just re-directs to PS3 page on PS website

sorry if its been posted but here is another new ad:

More advertisement for LittleBigPlanet! That second advert was really good. It will appeal to the 'casual' crowd.

Great ads, Sony is stepping their game up big time, I like it!!!

FOREVER IN DARKNESS!!!

Why is SkyNet wearing a PS3 Logo???