By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Launches £82m Ad Push for PlayStation 3 Across Europe

SpartanFX said:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, which has committed £6m to marketing in the UK, has not run a major ad campaign for the PS3 since the new games console launched almost two years ago.

"Two years after launch PlayStation 3 is realising its full potential," said Alan Duncan, UK marketing director. "The console is moving beyond gaming and gaming is moving beyond discs."

Um..Ok.  So..did anyone else catch that?

Launched ALMOST 2 years ago?

Hmm..OK.  Suddenly I feel like this is all made up, though I'm sure it's not. 

Around the Network

^ In the UK it released later, I got mine very near launch and I got mine in 2007.
Not 100% sure though so don't grill me if I'm wrong.

Phrancheyez said:
SpartanFX said:

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, which has committed £6m to marketing in the UK, has not run a major ad campaign for the PS3 since the new games console launched almost two years ago.

"Two years after launch PlayStation 3 is realising its full potential," said Alan Duncan, UK marketing director. "The console is moving beyond gaming and gaming is moving beyond discs."

Um..Ok.  So..did anyone else catch that?

Launched ALMOST 2 years ago?

Hmm..OK.  Suddenly I feel like this is all made up, though I'm sure it's not. 

what is wrong with that?PS3 launch in EU almost 2 years ago

PS3 launched in EU March 23rd, 2007 didn't it?

It's been 2 1/2 years.

Just short of 3 for the US and Japan.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NICE TV-SPOT! Awesome

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Around the Network

Okay, i buy a Ps3 Slim at 1. September =)=)=)=)

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

kowenicki said:

I havent heard the audio track yet..... but at first sight it is exactly what the PSP ads have been over here since before christmas... not concentrating enough on what people buy these things for.... games!

U got a point there. They should make gaming number one, followed by blu ray, built in wi fi and everything else. If they don't do dat, ppl will keep saying "the ps3 doesnt have games" which we all know is not true

It's pretty massive for the whole of europe.. thats 90 million euros for the whole of europe.. I know for a fact that Nike had campaigns around $100 million but that's for worldwide.. now if they had a good ad agency who works with them.. >_> I wonder if they use 1 agency for the whole of Europe or local agencies.. that could explain the budget.. using more local teams is more expensive but they know their market better.. I haven't heard anything around the office if any other ad/graphic design company have won a huge contract with Sony...

But hey.. it's still Sony.. they had a 2 million pound ad campaign for Killzone 2 in the UK... I still wonder where that money went too.. >_

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

kowenicki said:
@kantor

I agree.... this is EXACTLY what the PSP ads looked like in the UK in the run up to xmas last year... strikingly similar.

They should make another ad like this:

But now, the PS3's software lineup is FAR stronger than it was in 2007. Put in MGS4, LBP, Killzone 2 and inFamous, together with Blu-ray and PSN. Nobody wants to know about sidey features like iPlayer (which isn't even a PS3 feature) and VidZone.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A little to late?

Or just on time?

Either way its better than never.