By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does the Zelda series exclusively focus on Ganondorf as an antagonist?

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Snesboy said:
Naum said:
The reason I didn't enjoy Twilight Princess as much as I wanted was beacuse it didn't have enough Ganon/Ganondorf and Zelda in it.

Way too much of Midna and Zant.

She was not a villain.

Neither was Zelda. Try reading his post properly.

Pretty much, you wanted a straight fucking remake of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. We have one of those, it's called Wind Waker. Except it's in an ocean.

I was going for the spoiler-free approach but fuck it:

When Zelda died have way through the game reviving Midna, of course Midna was going to be a major character.

The whole point of Zant was to hide the fact that Ganondorf was the real bad guy. Just like in ALttP, Ganon was the master controlling the puppet that was Aganihm. Except in TP, he was controlling Zant.

So when you kill off a major character for most of the game, of course there isn't going to be a whole lot seen from them throughout the rest of the game. So you would have to replace them. Case in point: Midna. Midna replaced Zelda for a good portion of the game and Zant replaced Ganon, at least until after you kill Zant.

If either of you recall, you would know that Zelda was barely in OoT. Get over it.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ZZetaAlec said:
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
SaviorX said:
I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I wouldn't be upset if Ganondorf was there. As long as the final battle isn't the same as past entries in the series, I would be OK.

I still say Dark Link from the Water Temple in OOT should reappear, but that may be too cliche. Whatever Nintendo chooses to do, please don't make it terrible like the Final Battle against Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

Oh man that was the lamest. Totally killed the atmosphere of the whole game. I thought they'd be able to do someething cool with it - but nope.

What? Why? I thought it was a great fight that really showed what Major really was. Plus the Moon was awesome.

I agree, the final battle with Majora is one of my all time favorite gaming moments. If you are looking at the battle it'self then I can somwhat sympathize as is was rather easy, but in terms of style and atmosphere it was one of the best executed final boss encounters I've ever played.

Uh

I was joking. You never fight Skull Kid. I assumed SaviorX was making a joke and ran with it.

Oh thank God.  I was really confused for a second there.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Orca_Azure said:

He wasn't in majora's mask or those gameboy color adaptations.

actually he was in the GBC games, you just had to password link them to get the true ending

To actually answer the OP, I would be a little disappointed if Ganon/Ganondorf was not in Zelda Wii. He is a great antagonist. I would still buy the game though. I'm sure it would still be great.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

O-D-C said:
Orca_Azure said:

He wasn't in majora's mask or those gameboy color adaptations.

actually he was in the GBC games, you just had to password link them to get the true ending

ODC knows his LoZ.

Around the Network

They could chance it once...
Link could be the antagonist and ganandorf the protagonist
jk
^^

we need Ganondorf as the main antagonist...and no shoehorned in ala TP or such

we need to know he's there at least halfway through the game..