By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does the Zelda series exclusively focus on Ganondorf as an antagonist?

ZZetaAlec said:
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
SaviorX said:
I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I wouldn't be upset if Ganondorf was there. As long as the final battle isn't the same as past entries in the series, I would be OK.

I still say Dark Link from the Water Temple in OOT should reappear, but that may be too cliche. Whatever Nintendo chooses to do, please don't make it terrible like the Final Battle against Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

Oh man that was the lamest. Totally killed the atmosphere of the whole game. I thought they'd be able to do someething cool with it - but nope.

What? Why? I thought it was a great fight that really showed what Major really was. Plus the Moon was awesome.

I agree, the final battle with Majora is one of my all time favorite gaming moments. If you are looking at the battle it'self then I can somwhat sympathize as is was rather easy, but in terms of style and atmosphere it was one of the best executed final boss encounters I've ever played.

majoras was harder than the 3D zelda ganons.

OOT ganon: stick to his body, pass through his legs when he attacks, hammer at his tail, you'll never get hit that way.

WW ganon: dodge, he'll combo in insanity and hit just air. when zelda comes try to concetrate con the angles a little more.

TP: lol, stay away, he'll run towards you, do a jump attack to start the "press A" event, do that 3 times and hes dead.

Around the Network
Asriel said:
nordlead said:
Anyone who doesn't want Zelda, Link, and Ganon need to go back, play some Zelda, and study the Triforce. If Nintendo ever tossed Bowser or Ganon because you people can't enjoy such great games, I will be really sad.

Agreed.

Ganondorf is a brilliant villain. He's an immortal demigod and an important part of what makes Zelda brilliant. I'd like to see him in Zelda Wii as the main villian through the entirety of the game. And if the Master Sword is a big focus of the game (which it looks at this point it will be) then I'd expect Ganondorf to have a strong presence in the game. I wouldn't mind other villains being in the game, but Ganondorf is the Big Bad.

if ganon is immortal and demigod, then zelda and link are the same thing, afterall they obtain their power from the same source.

ZZetaAlec said:
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
SaviorX said:
I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I wouldn't be upset if Ganondorf was there. As long as the final battle isn't the same as past entries in the series, I would be OK.

I still say Dark Link from the Water Temple in OOT should reappear, but that may be too cliche. Whatever Nintendo chooses to do, please don't make it terrible like the Final Battle against Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

Oh man that was the lamest. Totally killed the atmosphere of the whole game. I thought they'd be able to do someething cool with it - but nope.

What? Why? I thought it was a great fight that really showed what Major really was. Plus the Moon was awesome.

I agree, the final battle with Majora is one of my all time favorite gaming moments. If you are looking at the battle it'self then I can somwhat sympathize as is was rather easy, but in terms of style and atmosphere it was one of the best executed final boss encounters I've ever played.

Uh

I was joking. You never fight Skull Kid. I assumed SaviorX was making a joke and ran with it.

Khuutra said:
ZZetaAlec said:
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
SaviorX said:

Uh

I was joking. You never fight Skull Kid. I assumed SaviorX was making a joke and ran with it.

Ganondorf is the best...

Around the Network
emilie autumn said:
Asriel said:
nordlead said:
Anyone who doesn't want Zelda, Link, and Ganon need to go back, play some Zelda, and study the Triforce. If Nintendo ever tossed Bowser or Ganon because you people can't enjoy such great games, I will be really sad.

Agreed.

Ganondorf is a brilliant villain. He's an immortal demigod and an important part of what makes Zelda brilliant. I'd like to see him in Zelda Wii as the main villian through the entirety of the game. And if the Master Sword is a big focus of the game (which it looks at this point it will be) then I'd expect Ganondorf to have a strong presence in the game. I wouldn't mind other villains being in the game, but Ganondorf is the Big Bad.

if ganon is immortal and demigod, then zelda and link are the same thing, afterall they obtain their power from the same source.

That isn't the case. The Triforce of Power and the pieces of Wisdom/Courage are different. Ganondorf was already a powerful warrior and sorcerer without the Triforce of Power. With the triforce of Power, Ganon becomes an immortal demigod. Link and Zelda are 'reborn' throughout the series, and are destined to have their respective pieces of the Triforce. Perhaps it's because of the triforce that they're 'reborn'.  That's if you assume the series has a fixed timeline, rather than interpreting the series as one legend constantly retold, with components of the legend being changed with each telling.

emilie autumn said:
YokoBlue said:
emilie autumn said:
ganondorf as the final boss:

the legend of zelda
a link to the past
ocarina of time
wind waker
twilight princess

games with some other final boss:

zelda II
Links awakening
majoras mask
oracle of seasons
oracle of ages
minish cap
phantom hourglass

conlcusion: you haven't played enough zelda.

Console Zelda always have Ganon has the last boss if you forget majora's mask and Zelda 2.... the 2 "strange game" of the series.. (i loved them :D)

yes, but ganon "died" in TP, so the most logical thing would be to have some other guy as main boss in TPs sequel, after all the guy needs some time to reencarnate you know.

seeing the art of Zelda Wii...it makes me think it'll be about the origin of the master sword...so even IF Ganondorf is dead..

it doesn't mean they ncan't make a prequel

there are alot of Zelda prequels...seriously..why the hell do they even have to continue the story ? there are alot of legends still left to be told inbetween or especially at the start of the timeline..

The Oracle games DID have Ganon as the main bad guy, so there.

Anyway, I think Ganondorf's cool, and wouldn't mind seeing him turn up in the next Zelda, but I also think it'd be interesting to have some sort of new bad guy that's even more powerful than Ganondorf. Like some sort of dark god or something, who forces Ganondorf to do his bidding, or who's so powerful that to beat him Ganondorf's forced to team up with Zelda and Link...

Well, you never know. ;)

Also, I'd like to know who Spirit Tracks' boss will be! :)

-Also- TINGLE RPG 2 W00T!!1

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

as well as ganon, end of level bosses include

Dethl
Vaati
Bellum
Majora's mask

and then you have other important villians such twinrova, zant, onox, verdan and aghanim

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

I like Ganondorf. I like the story of the three main characters always coming back and having to face off again in a new Hyrule. Once though, I would like to see them reincarnated into the opposite genders for a game. That would be fun.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.