By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does the Zelda series exclusively focus on Ganondorf as an antagonist?

Antagonists other than Ganondorf/Ganon exist in the Zelda universe.  Would you be disappointed if Ganondorf/Ganon is not the primary antagonist of Zelda Wii 2?

I think it would be a change of pace for a large console Zelda game to have multiple major antagonists.  Maybe have mulitple villains working together like in Four Swords Adventure with Ganondorf and Vaati.  What do other Zelda fans think?

Around the Network

To be honest he wasn't really the main antagonist in Twilight Princess. Zant was. He was just Nintendos poor excuse for a plot twist. Most of the game focused on Midna and Zant as characters, and did very little for the 3 main ones.

He wasn't in majora's mask or those gameboy color adaptations.

I wouldn't be disappointed, assuming Aonuma is handling the story, because I trust in him to come up with an interesting alternative villain.

That said, Ganondorf is easily the most interesting character in the series and watching how his characterization has evolved over time is one of the greatest pleasures that I've derived from this franchise.

Soriku said:
I want a new antagonist for the new Zelda...

You go play more Zelda, young man.

Around the Network

Ganondorf/Ganon is not the main antagonist in:
Adventure of Link (He is dead and his minions are trying to revive him)
Minish Cap (Vaati gets a promotion and demoted to secondary player after is is over)
Majora's Mask (Alternate Universe which Ganondorf cannot enter or does not care about)

Correction: He is the main antagonist in the Gameboy Color series Oracle of Ages/Seasons. It requires a code to unlock it though.

Well, seeing as Ganondorf is the wielder of the Triforce of power, and therefore completing the chosen three, I'd say he's pretty darn important to the series.

I've really grown to enjoy Ganondorf as a character, especially after Wind Waker. For me, having a Legend of Zelda game without the third piece of the trif... er puzzle just doesn't feel the same.

No offense to Vaati, Majora, or Bellum... you guys are great. But Ganondorf really makes Zelda a more wholesome experience for me.

I LOOOVEEE seeing Ganon...when his theme song plays it puts a HUUUGE grin on face..i get chills b4 every fight with Ganon

I want it to seem like it's Ganondorf, but then some awesome new guy comes along that's too powerful for Link or Ganondorf to handle alone so they need to team up.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
I want it to seem like it's Ganondorf, but then some awesome new guy comes along that's too powerful for Link or Ganondorf to handle alone so they need to team up.

That sounds WAY to much of a cliche to me. Surprisingly though, if they make it seem new enough, I think it would work.