By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does the Zelda series exclusively focus on Ganondorf as an antagonist?

thekitchensink said:
I want it to seem like it's Ganondorf, but then some awesome new guy comes along that's too powerful for Link or Ganondorf to handle alone so they need to team up.

Wouldn't that kind of break Ganondorf's entire character dynamic? Hell, I can only justify his role in Brawl because I had him kill Taboo in the end.

Around the Network

I think it would be great to see Ganondorf lose the triforce of power to a superior villain in the next game.

eewww the thought of Link and Ganon teaming up would kill any sense of a Epic rivalry between the 2....look at Sonic his relationship with Eggman is a joke now

Yeah, Ganondorf's lust for power knows no bounds... I really don't see anyone or anything that can match his wickedness or cunning.

I mean, they call him the King of Evil for Pete's sake.

Even the goddesses themselves are a target of his wrath.

sc94597: They could still find ways to make it non-cliche. Like what is Zelda got possessed by something linked to the Triforce, became evil, and only other Triforce bearers could stop her?

@Khuutra: How would it break his dynamic? His only driving force is a lust for power. If someone else took that power from him, he'd do anything to get it back, and I'd say that included forming an uneasy alliance with Link.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Anyone who doesn't want Zelda, Link, and Ganon need to go back, play some Zelda, and study the Triforce. If Nintendo ever tossed Bowser or Ganon because you people can't enjoy such great games, I will be really sad.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I think he shouldn't make an alliance with link, but help only because they have the same goals. I think he should stay links enemy just as much as the other enemy is. So basically, all three of them are enemies with each other, and it should stay balanced like that. Two of them teaming up against the other just feels weird to me.

I wouldn't mind a new villain for Zelda Wii but there has already been several games without Ganon as an antagonist so I don't understand why people whine about the games he actually is in. Also, his Wind Waker characterization was the best.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

plz guys...a big no on Link and Ganan Team, and the idea the some other Evil can be mightier than Ganan is silly also. Ganan is the Ultimate Evil In the Zelda Universe

ganondorf as the final boss:

the legend of zelda
a link to the past
ocarina of time
wind waker
twilight princess

games with some other final boss:

zelda II
Links awakening
majoras mask
oracle of seasons
oracle of ages
minish cap
phantom hourglass

conlcusion: you haven't played enough zelda.