By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why does the Zelda series exclusively focus on Ganondorf as an antagonist?

sc94597 said:

*Spoilers*

Once ganon loses the triforce of power he is dead. He lost it in Windwaker(which I believe takes place in the Adult Timeline.) That means he died in Windwaker. It is believe that TLOZ  takes place after windwaker. This is because  the hyrule in TLOZ isn't the same one in OoT and therefore it must have been post-flood when a new Hyrule was found, either by Link and Tetra(Zelda) or the Deku Tree's plan worked out where they created a new hyrule. That is at least 2 different Ganondorfs, and there probably are more. Also any game after Twilight Princess(which I believe there aren't any, though I didn't go through research into making a timeline myself) there will also be a new Ganon because he dies there too.

It depends on how one interprets the series.  I think The Legend of Zelda is the first part of the series.

1. Triforce of Courage has not been created yet.

2. Master Sword has not been created yet.

These are created in later parts of the series.  However, I am not saying the other interpretation is wrong.  The story is not very clear and it is up to each gamer to decide which order it belongs.

Around the Network

I stopped caring about Ganon when he formally became known as Ganondorf in TOOT... Nintendo needs to stop endlessly recycling the rescue Zelda from Ganondorf plot line for the umpteenth time in the main series of games... lately it's been the side-story ones like Majora's Mask and The Minish Cap that have been a breath of fresh air.

I haven't played either Twilight Princess or Phantom Hourglass, but unless Nintendo plans on advancing the story a little bit in the main series, rather than remaking the original for the umpteenth time.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
I stopped caring about Ganon when he formally became known as Ganondorf in TOOT... Nintendo needs to stop endlessly recycling the rescue Zelda from Ganondorf plot line for the umpteenth time in the main series of games... lately it's been the side-story ones like Majora's Mask and The Minish Cap that have been a breath of fresh air.

I haven't played either Twilight Princess or Phantom Hourglass, but unless Nintendo plans on advancing the story a little bit in the main series, rather than remaking the original for the umpteenth time.

Look

If you aren't playing the games, you don't get to complain. Simple as that.

Phantom Hourglass, though, has nothing to do with Ganondorf and is a joy to play. You should give it a try.

I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I wouldn't be upset if Ganondorf was there. As long as the final battle isn't the same as past entries in the series, I would be OK.

I still say Dark Link from the Water Temple in OOT should reappear, but that may be too cliche. Whatever Nintendo chooses to do, please don't make it terrible like the Final Battle against Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Hero_Of_Time said:
sc94597 said:

*Spoilers*

Once ganon loses the triforce of power he is dead. He lost it in Windwaker(which I believe takes place in the Adult Timeline.) That means he died in Windwaker. It is believe that TLOZ  takes place after windwaker. This is because  the hyrule in TLOZ isn't the same one in OoT and therefore it must have been post-flood when a new Hyrule was found, either by Link and Tetra(Zelda) or the Deku Tree's plan worked out where they created a new hyrule. That is at least 2 different Ganondorfs, and there probably are more. Also any game after Twilight Princess(which I believe there aren't any, though I didn't go through research into making a timeline myself) there will also be a new Ganon because he dies there too.

It depends on how one interprets the series.  I think The Legend of Zelda is the first part of the series.

1. Triforce of Courage has not been created yet.

2. Master Sword has not been created yet.

These are created in later parts of the series.  However, I am not saying the other interpretation is wrong.  The story is not very clear and it is up to each gamer to decide which order it belongs.

Zelda II is a direct sequel to TLOZ. In Zelda II the cities are named after the sages in OoT. That means that both games take place after OoT. Also how would you explain the geographic changes of hyrule? There are many others facts that support this too. Such as Hylians being rare in TLoZ, and you see evidence of their numbers dwindling in Windwaker, while in OoT they outnumbered "magic-less humans". A Link to The Past is also a prequel to TLoZ and Zelda II. It mentions the events of the Imprisoning War(basically OoT's story) in it's backstory. So if A Link to The Past takes place after OoT, so does TLoZ and Zelda II.  So no they aren't before OoT.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

They aren't remakes.

SaviorX said:
I wouldn't mind a new villain, but I wouldn't be upset if Ganondorf was there. As long as the final battle isn't the same as past entries in the series, I would be OK.

I still say Dark Link from the Water Temple in OOT should reappear, but that may be too cliche. Whatever Nintendo chooses to do, please don't make it terrible like the Final Battle against Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

Oh man that was the lamest. Totally killed the atmosphere of the whole game. I thought they'd be able to do someething cool with it - but nope.

sguy78 said:
NightDragon83 said:

They aren't remakes.

evil wizard hunts the land, the princess is in trouble, hero appears to save the day. he is saying the story lacks originality and more over, the keep redoing the same story with diferent gimmicks every time.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Ganon in OoT and TP was a mindless douchebag lusting for power. WW Ganon was an actual human being with a personality and reasons behind his actions.

That's why I didn't like him. He's supposed to be a pig headed beast, not a rational individual.

Hero_Of_Time said:
Ganondorf/Ganon is not the main antagonist in:
Adventure of Link (He is dead and his minions are trying to revive him)
Minish Cap (Vaati gets a promotion and demoted to secondary player after is is over)
Majora's Mask (Alternate Universe which Ganondorf cannot enter or does not care about)

Correction: He is the main antagonist in the Gameboy Color series Oracle of Ages/Seasons. It requires a code to unlock it though.

Is he in Links Awakening? Not as that weird shadow thing but as an actual antagonist?