By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The poll on the front page is ridiculous

to me big means a good game and if i can pick any game from that list Uncharted followed by NSMB

btw

What was the biggest disappointment of E309?
Project Natal 3,369 29.39%

XD how is project natal a disapointment if it was never announced before?

Around the Network

People take their fanboyism very seriously. I honestly don't care about the console I do not have, which is the PS3. I have no intention to buy one and I try to avoid participating in nonsense similar to this.

I think the "big" means how many words are in the game title.

New Super Mario Brothers Wii

But war... war never changes

Another one of these threads. I think we got the point now; Playstation owners suck.

Mummelmann said:
Another one of these threads. I think we got the point now; Playstation owners suck.

Finally someone who understands!

Around the Network

Topic creator had full intent to make a thread (which was already made) only to get a rise out of some people.

Ignore him though, this is the same guy who yesterday said that Gran Turismo isn't in the same universe sales wise as Halo and that Gran Turismo isn't a system seller.

The guy obviously has no clue what he is talking about.

Do not feed him.

@Mummelmann

I have learned that a long time ago with this site.

Playstation owners are the worst. Playstation owners suck. Playstation games suck because they don't sell 5M+ copies. Playstation sucks because it is in 3rd place. *Insert more garbage here*

*Runs off to play FFVI on Wii VC*

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

As long as the polls are asking for positive voting and not a negative vote then I'm fine with them. If the bias of Sony fans who vote on these polls skew a positive orientated poll to favour their chosen system or game I'm fine with that, I just don't like polls where haters can vote things down rather than bigging stuff up.

It doesn't say anywhere about sales. Big could mean it's review score, or biggest impact durring the holidays, and Uncharted 2 is going to be one hell of a bomb to go off during the holidays, even though obviously sales won't be as great as some other games, it'll be hyped just as much as Killzone 2 or probably more. I hope MW2 bombs so bad.

Euphoria14 said:
Great.

We just had this same thread yesterday. "BIG" doesn't mean sales for everyone. Some are going by what they feel is their biggest game this year.

Deal with it and move on. This "Sony games can't be BIG" crap is stupid.

Do I feel MW2 is the biggest game this holiday season? No. For me it is Ratchet and Clank but you don't see me whining about it not being there now do you?

Yes, but it is a little....redundant...how these polls are all populiarity contests and are always won by our very...active....Sony fan population. It's just a little silly, imo. These polls lose all their meaning, when people vote for them simply based on the console they own. Every poll might as well ask, 'Which console are you a fanboy of' and the results would be the same.

I mean, do you really think Uncharted 2 would win this without a large fanboy advantage, numerically? Also, who didn't expect this. Did we need a poll to realize that the PS3 fans would vote in the PS3 exclusive game, as the "best this holiday"? Is this a shock to anyone here. Or, instead, was this a predetermined winner due to bias, and if so, then why even have a poll? Even without Uncharted 2, had MLB09:The Show, been the only Sony exclusive to select, would it not also have come close to winning?

This is very similar to the "Who won E3" poll, which gave it to Sony by a large margin, strictly based off biased votes.

How obvious does it need to be, before we just stop polling alltogether?

It makes the site look bad, and gives dishonest results.

We are a genius level blog on this site, and when people come here, and see that 90 percent of our community thought that Killzone 2 would outsell Halo(an outrageous example for the purposes of making my point, note that said vote never happened), or whatever rediculious thing the Sony fanboys pushed through that week, it makes the community look ignorant, and we're really not. We're just biased.

There is no way to stop users from being maliciously biased. However, we can stop giving them a poll upon which to present said bias. Stop asking divisive and polarizing poll questions that give them that opportunity, and they will stop taking it. It will also make the poll much more interesting. Ask questions that don't relate to the PS3 verses Gaming in general. We all know that the PS3 is going to win. Its owners invested a lot more in their consoles, and by god, they are out to prove it was worth it(which it is, but you can't tell them that).

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Zen, keep it factual.

90% of this community thought that Killzone 2 would outsell Halo 3? Sure.